Demystifying american expats rants

Argentines despise burgers, and will only eat them under duress, when they can't afford steak or asado de tira.

In my thirty-some years in the States only ate a couple of them - out of curiosity, the first week after we landed. It was enough. While driving cross-country sometimes I got stuck in one-horse towns where the only "restaurant" was a MacDonald, and I chose Filet o Fish. Anything was better than a burger.

But as I said before, it's all a matter of personal preference. And with that, I bow out of this thread, which is getting too repetitive.

Against my better judgment, I'll add one more thing: Argentines are perfectly happy with their food, and see no need for change.

If you don't like the local fare, it is not their problem but yours. You will either have to open a restaurant which is up to your standards, do your own cooking, fast, or move on.

This thread is really getting repetitive. ENOUGH ALREADY....!

Lol.

The funny thing is you're actually getting mad about all this. It's an American rant thread. What did you expect ?

Luckily we aren't discussing anything " heavy " just food..

Yes, I already said that. The current Argentine palette is blander than shoe leather and they are happy with it. But the new immigrants ( as opposed to the older immigrants ) want more innovation and choice in their cuisine. And you are exactly correct. They will have to do their own innovating because the old immigrants are stuck eating the same food they were eating 300 years ago.

Luckily they are innovating and hopefully within the next 10-15 years the NEW Argentinians will make things bearable for those that actually have worldly palettes

Now IM done.

cheers :D

SaraSara said:
Argentines are perfectly happy with their food, and see no need for change.

SaraSara said:
Argentines despise burgers, and will only eat them under duress, when they can't afford steak or asado de tira.

In my thirty-some years in the States only ate a couple of them - out of curiosity, the first week after we landed. It was enough. While driving cross-country sometimes I got stuck in one-horse towns where the only "restaurant" was a MacDonald, and I chose Filet o Fish. Anything was better than a burger.

But as I said before, it's all a matter of personal preference. And with that, I bow out of this thread, which is getting too repetitive.

Have you seen the Burger King prices at Abasto Shopping?!?!? they are insanely high...

and for someone who claims to of lived and traveled throughout the USA for 30 something years, you must of really eaten at shit places, which makes me wonder which bland "Euro" country you came from... scotland perhaps? maybe you'd prefer some haggis and curdled milk?

AlexfromLA said:
Ah wait what ? This place is good or not ?

And it's not owned by Argentine's. It says its a Peruvian style burger joint.

No. It's awful & expensive. $26 for a small sandwich????? Where's the logic in that? There are so many good places to get a nice menu for just a bit more.

Argentinians hate burgers so much they have mcdonalds and burger king on every block and they are always chock FULL at all hours of the day.

All my argentinian friends eat " pattys ". Argentinian kids LOVE them.

No, they obviously like burgers. They just don't know what a good burger is and only eat the mass produced cardboard that mcdonalds and patty makes.

Argentinians that are into fine dining, are foodies, etc consider burgers as kids food, no matter how good a burger can be, they will always consider it crappy stuff. When going to a parrilla, they will never order a burger...sorry!

AlexfromLA said:
Argentinians hate burgers so much they have mcdonalds and burger king on every block and they are always chock FULL at all hours of the day.

All my argentinian friends eat " pattys ". Argentinian kids LOVE them.

No, they obviously like burgers. They just don't know what a good burger is and only eat the mass produced cardboard that mcdonalds and patty makes.

You might be right. But we eat them with guilt.
I sometimes cry after eating at BK and then pray 2 avemarías.

qwerty said:
I don't actually why other junk food joints are not in BA. they are in Santiago, Sao Paulo and everywhere in Brasil and both McDonalds and Burger King seem to do good. Starbucks at the moment to
Several landed in the country, but weren´t profitable apparently, such as KFC, Pizza Hut, Subway, Fuddrucker´s, Baskin and Robbins, Dunkin Donuts, Schlotzsky´s Deli, Wendy´s

Back