Didn't Receive 90 Day Stamp Upon Re-Entry To Arg. In Iguazu

When they don t put 90 days it means that the previous i-94 is the valid one.

In other words, your "last" prorroga was literally your ulitma prorroga (aren't that all?) and if you (the OP) are still in Argentina at the end of those 90 days, you will have overstayed your visa.

Bajo Cero, thanks for the information, even if it's not what I wanted to hear.

Any idea why they would choose not to add 90 days this time? I've done short trips outside of Arg. numerous times and never had this happen and I have not heard of this happening to other people either.

I'm wondering if it was just bad luck or maybe a change in policy that will make day trips to places like Colonia a waste of time?

But is the stamp an entry stamp for tourist visa that is just missing the other little stamp that says "90 días" or "3 meses"?
Wouldn't the new tourist entry stamp be valid anyway for the next 90 days? Or are you missing that?

Lucha, as I wrote in the original post, I received the normal square entry stamp with date of re-entry, but did not get the 2nd stamp or handwritten note saying '90 dias'.

It appears that without that 2nd stamp, the re-entry did not give me an additional 90 days.

When I first got here about lil over 3 months I did not get the 90 day 3 month stamp just standard entry stamp, i was coming from California flew into eze when I got the stamp. I recently went to urguay (fray bentos) and did not receive the 3 month stamp either.

As that was my first "visa run" and lack of many trips to urguay or surrounding countries I didnt think too much of it but this has got me thinking about it again.

I've never overstayed and my last "visa run" was my first it was new passport with few prior trips to argentina both having a 3 month stamp it was just this last flight into eze I didnt get that stamp and my "visa run" also is lacking that stamp

JoshF, were you still within the original 90 days when you came back from Uruguay? If yes, you're in the same situation that I'm in and we both won't know for sure what is happening until we leave the country again after the original 90 day period is over.

When I came from California I didnt get a 3 month stamp and I was gone for 140 days or so and went to Uruguay 86 days after my arrival and on return no 3 month stamp either, no marks odd things on stamps just lack of 3 month stamp

If there was something wrong I'd hope to get some kinda of warning but my passport was just stamped in a blink of an eye except no 3 month stamp each time

One thing I did notice is when I did get the 3 month stamp they didnt mark or sign stamps and the 2 times I didnt get 3 month stamp they marked the tourist box of stamp and signed in pen not sure if that has meaning or not

since you went to Uruguay within the 90 day period, you are still on that initial 90 day visa therefore they didn't need to give you another 90 day stamp. I believe they only give you a new 90 days tourist stamp if you leave on the 90th day and return after that date, or in some cases are nice and give you another if you return same day

since you went to Uruguay within the 90 day period, you are still on that initial 90 day visa therefore they didn't need to give you another 90 day stamp. I believe they only give you a new 90 days tourist stamp if you leave on the 90th day and return after that date, or in some cases are nice and give you another if you return same day

That can make some sense I was 86 days into my 90 days but when I came from California I didnt get th 3 month stamp as well

Back