Didn't Receive 90 Day Stamp Upon Re-Entry To Arg. In Iguazu

Nopt exactly accurate. That only applies if you have an extension from migraciones. The agents at the border won't override the date on the extension granted. . Otherwise leaving and re-entering (assuming no problem) will restart the 90 days.

Does this mean that even though the agent did not actually write 90 days on the stamp that a "new" 90 days visa has been granted?

I think that's what most of those without the handwritten number of days on their stamp really want to know.

[background=rgb(230, 230, 230)] [/background]Bajo_cero2
I've left numerous time within my 90 day stamp period and when I came back I was ALWAYS stamped in with another 90 day stamp. I have to disagree with Bajo_cero2 (but of course I may be wrong) ......A new entry stamp is a new entry stamp, even if they "forgot " the 90 day endorsement.

Most people who have commented before on getting a shorter than 90 day stamp were renewals from the migraciones office and they were given a specific days of renewal, written into thir passport, whatever they had left until 90 days. I would presume that these stamps would be for standard 90 day renewals. If you're really concerned give yourself several extra hours at the airport before you leave, in case they make you go pay.

Does this mean that even though the agent did not actually write 90 days on the stamp that a "new" 90 days visa has been granted?

I think that's what most of those without the handwritten number of days on their stamp really want to know.

In my experience yes. The 90 days is implicit with an entry stamp even if they did not write 90 days. Nor did the airline question it so my guess is that it happens often enough.

City Girl, thanks for that information, hopefully you're correct and there won't be any issues when we leave. As I said, I plan to go right to my gate, but leave extra time at EZE in case they kick me back to the entry hall to pay the fine.

Sometimes immigration officials write "3 meses" instead of "90 days" (though these are not necessarily synonyms).

[background=rgb(230, 230, 230)] [/background]Bajo_cero2
I've left numerous time within my 90 day stamp period and when I came back I was ALWAYS stamped in with another 90 day stamp. I have to disagree with Bajo_cero2 (but of course I may be wrong) ......A new entry stamp is a new entry stamp, even if they "forgot " the 90 day endorsement.

They might give you 15 days...
I hace to go to the DNM next week, i m going to double check with the lawyer in charge of retention control.

For whatever this is worth. Few years ago after clearing immigration and waiting for luggage at EZE noticed no 90 day notation, entry stamp only. Returned to immigration and asked about the missing 90 day notation. Was told "not to worry, entry is valid for 90 days." Of course, I worried. Do not know why, have trust issues with Argentine authorities. Did not experience any problems when exiting two weeks later.
Good Luck

For those who were curious about how things turned out when I left Argentina, I can provide an update.

Both I and my friend (who left a week after I did) had no issues when leaving EZE.

There was some brief confusion from the immigration officer, who thought based on my stamps that I had entered Arg. for the first time from Brazil when I was actually returning to Arg. after spending the day there. My friend had the same issue/question.

But once we both showed the officer that we had entered via EZE several month earlier and had just done a day trip to Brazil, we both got our exit stamp and were on our way. Since we were both well beyond the first 90 day period when we left, this confirmed that we had been given another 90 days upon returning from the day trip to Brazil.

So, the bottom line is that it seems to be a non-issue to not receive the extra "90 day" stamp when re-entering Arg. after a visa run.

Back