Discrimination at Campeonato Metropolitano de Tango

No, the foreigners who inhabits Argentina have full civil right, not political rights.

The animocity you mentioned is an euphemism for xenophobia. If you don't deal with it as an illegality, it get worst, we have tons of examples about that in history. The worst one was when it was legal during III reich.

I believe that enforcing the National Constitution can only be positive.

Regards

There is already mounting animosity towards foreigners who have robbed the locals of their tango.
This is just a stupid comment, xenophobia at its worst.

As I said earlier, does that mean that Argentina should "give back" football to England? Stupid, pathetic, childish.

Well, the Campeonato Metropolitano de Tango already ended. A couple of Colombians who inhabits BAC won. They were clasified for the finals last year and they were disqualified because they were going to win. So, this year they won and they really deserve it because they dance awesome.
Now they go straight to the finals of the Tango World Cup this months.

My dance partner danced with another guy because once I am the lawyer I cannot be at the same time a competitor. She got to the finals but she didn t win. Fair enough.

Regards

The Colombian couple who won the "non-Argentine" competition are the organizers of the 2nd Festival International held in Bogota, Colombia, July 22-24. They are not unfamiliar faces to the judges.

They entered the competition last weekend, but do they really reside in Buenos Aires?

They go to the semifinals, not the finals, of the World Cup.
http://www.tangobuenosaires.gob.ar/festivalymundial/web/es/index.html

There is so much politics involved. It's not about how you dance; it's about how well you know the judges and how many coaching sessions you have with them. They favor those they know. Points mean nothing in the final outcome. The winners are "selected" (as the rules state) and that means a committee decides who should win. The title starts the careers of many dancers who immediately have contracts to teach abroad.

The winners of the World Cup have already been selected. It's all a matter of putting on a good show for the public during the two-week festival that draws tourism and money to the city.

The World Cup will be televised on Canal C5N and available at www.c5n.com.ar August 29 is salon finals and August 30 is stage finals. 7:00pm both nights.

jantango said:
The Colombian couple who won the "non-Argentine" competition are the organizers of the 2nd Festival International held in Bogota, Colombia, July 22-24. They are not unfamiliar faces to the judges.

They were clasified last year for the finals at the 3 categories, and they were desqualified with some stupid excuses. So, of course they know them very well.

You know, the dance level was superior in this contest than at the "pure" argentinians one.

Regards

jantango said:
\\]

There is so much politics involved. It's not about how you dance; it's about how well you know the judges and how many coaching sessions you have with them. They favor those they know. Points mean nothing in the final outcome. The winners are "selected" (as the rules state) and that means a committee decides who should win. The title starts the careers of many dancers who immediately have contracts to teach abroad.

Did you see this contest, the Colombian couple was outstanding.

I agree with you about this regarding the argentinian category. The couple who won at Vals is great, the other 2 are average.

Tango isn't just a dance....it has to do with Argentinian culture. To dance tango with true depth of feeling, and understanding of the music, lyrics and history remains a challenge for someone who hasn't been immersed in that.

I refer back to my football comment... tango originated from Argentina, but it's development has been shared by the world...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tango_(dance)

If it's such a challenge for non-Argentinians, why would anyone here be worried about foreigners in the local competitions?

I think they're worried that the dance is becoming more about pure technique and acrobatics and losing its soul.

Back