DNI required to marry

in the 21st century why ask for witnesses at all?. should't the presence of the proper state official and maybe a video of the couple stating their free will do?

Witnesses are there to provide the judge certainty about the current (=before marriage) civil status of each fiancé, it was told to us last Friday at the Central Registro Civil during the ceremony

I`ve got married in Argentina with passports only! I`ve been told to bring some witness, with passports or DNI, whatever, this was first and last (haha) easy bureaucratic procedure.

PS
What is worse we`ve been asked to bring witneses to register a baby, like they confirm it is our baby and we do not steal it maybe? I`m not sure what for really, the baby is a blue eyed blond and looks like the father 99%. As well we had to give all the medical documentation from neonatologist and OB GYN that confirmed milllion times who`s baby it was. I`ve been told they just taking precautions because we are foreigners. So what do you know about humiliation...

PS
What is worse we`ve been asked to bring witneses to register a baby, like they confirm it is our baby and we do not steal it maybe? I`m not sure what for really, the baby is a blue eyed blond and looks like the father 99%. As well we had to give all the medical documentation from neonatologist and OB GYN that confirmed milllion times who`s baby it was. I`ve been told they just taking precautions because we are foreigners. So what do you know about humiliation...

Interesting. Where is this? Where was the baby born?

I registered a child as a foreigner in Capital, no problems.
When I went to pick up the child’s DNI, presenting only a passport, they regarded it with suspicion, and seemed not to be terribly excited about giving me the DNI based solely upon my passport. But, after a few minutes, they gave it to me and that was that.

seemed not to be terribly excited about giving me the DNI based solely upon my passport

Well, technically is not it required to show Constancia de DNI with # tramite to receive the document itself?

Hello, is this actually cleared up, do you need a DNI to get married here? Opinions seem to differ..

Back