Do Not Forget, Wednesday October 27, National Holiday for Census

my landlord told me to do everything as normal, and she thinks eatery's and such will open around 5-6pm or earlier. As a tourist on a visa, they will not want to speak to me.

Zackdotcom said:
my landlord told me to do everything as normal, and she thinks eatery's and such will open around 5-6pm or earlier. As a tourist on a visa, they will not want to speak to me.

This has already been posted in the thread:

¿Los turistas también tienen que ser censados? Sí, los turistas deben ser censados ya que el censo de hecho es como una foto instantánea de la República.

http://www.censo2010.indec.gov.ar/index_preguntas_f.asp

Well since there will be almost zero traffic about, I'm tempted to fire up the bike and just ride.
It doesn't really matter where to, just for the sheer pleasure of maybe having some of that Tarmac to myself.
A great opportunity!

Dolly said:
OK, I know, they can do what they want - but I have completed the form - and will leave it with my neighbour - (fulfilling all legal responsiblilies) Maybe I will have problems later - I don't care. I was served with a deportation notice 6 months ago, so me and migraciones police are so familiar ( ina bad way) so this whole census thing - I don't really care to be honest.

Dolly, you have a badge of honor...deportation notice..wear it with pride! Stay anoter 20 years just to stick it to them!;)

Dolly said:
I have the acutal census survey that they will use. I have printed it and done if for myself - I will give it to a neighbour, the do my own thing for the day. I tried to post it on BAExpats but it wouldn't work, so if someone is willing to accept it on personal e-mail, I will send it and you can send it around. It saves time when people come to your house - the only stipulation they have is that is that they say you must use HB2 pencils (so it is dark enough to read).

If anyone PM's me - I will send it on too!
D
That is not allowed

couple of points worth remembering about tomorrow:

1. you do not need to give anything more than your first name.
2. you do NOT need to show any ID/passport, etc.

I talked to my portero today and he said he's setting up a table in the doorway and going to call down each apartment 1 by 1, but that he'll skip mine.

Few countries treat their immigrants as well as the US, thats for sure. We provide many official services in multiple languages. Here it is Spanish only. I plan on speaking only English to the censustaker, knowing that this same person would demand it to be in Spanish if they lived in the US. Think of all the money we spend back home on accommodating immigrants, many who came illegally. I will speak English only tomorrow.

dillster said:
Few countries treat their immigrants as well as the US, thats for sure.

Ummm...I'm not so sure about that one.

Back