Do you fear a crash similar to 2001?

ROLMFAO!!!

You really expect anyone to take advice from this clown??

Nope ^^ , I just thought I'd share the article as it has interesting points which haven't been mentioned in this discussion so far.

The 'you'd be crazy to buy usd right now' is of course riseable and quite obvious self serving political propaganda, I'd of course pay it no heed.

A lot of the other details were quite interesting though. Both for what was said, and for what was left unsaid.

Oh, and to be clear, I think both the K and M sides are corrupt, idiotic, unprofessional, incompetent, lack integrity,and lack any discernable principles apart from their unending thirst for power. So, I am not endorsing either approach, quite the contrary.

I still think it's important to post and read what the various clowns from each side of the circus trope say; if only to have a wry smile while everything burns in ruins around us ;=)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the article London2Baires. I agree with you it's great to post and read any articles. From my experience, it's really helpful to read information as it becomes available from the various news outlets as well as private information as well. That's what will make this message board very valuable vs. bickering and arguing with people back and forth about politics.

The reason why the blue has a worse rate than the official is because there is value in moving money off the books.

Listen Bajocero lets get the facts straight Kirchner like Macri are both corrupt this is a reality. Do you honestly believe there is a government in power today that does not accept kickbacks? Australia has had many corruption scandals over the years and this is considered a clean country.

I stated though that the governance under the Kirchners was superior to now in many ways. Corrupt they were but they were also prudent in financial planning and their policies created a stronger middle class

The corruption of this administration is going to be paid in 100 years and somehow you assert that the K were more corrupt.

Some interesting details here from Sandleris on the new IMF backed economic policy in terms of implementation and the underlying reasoning.

Make of it what you will:

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2177018-guido-sandleris-ni-loco-compraria-dolares-este

As I m asserting for the last 3 years, this already happended. The super plan of the government used to be called the tablitas del dolar:
https://www.elpaisdiario.com.ar/eco...-que-le-dio-nacimiento-a-la-patria-financiera
And of course, it was a disaster.
The former economy Minister used to say: who bets the dollar loses.
To many coincidenses?
It finished with hyperinflation las time, over 2000% per year.
https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiperinflación_argentina_de_1989_y_1990

Last edited:
People are very nieve in now all of a sudden they believe what this political party feeds us . Their track rec
The corruption of this administration is going to be paid in 100 but years and somehow you assert that the K were more corrupt.

Please read my posts I said clearly that the Kirchners were corrupt for accepting kickbacks . This is a fact proven by the cuaderno crisis. I did not say that they were more corrupt and Macris policies of extreme money speculation with borrowed money is imho a crime of humongous proportions . The difference with Argentina and the USA and Australia is that the corruption here in on the surface in the other countries it is more hidden . Saying that Argentinian people have a very high tolerance for corruption due to their history . The scandals that happen here would never be tolerated in Australia and there would be no chance in hell that a politician could continue in power with just one scandal .

I supported the Kirchners for nearly 10 years but in the last few years under Kristina I grew tired of their policies and felt that the country needed a change . Like many people I voted for Macri hoping to see this change but very soon I was disillusioned due to his insincerity and policies . The truth is that Argentina is a very sought after country by the international bankers and other vultures and it seems that very few politicians are working for the interests of the Argentinian people . This is a fact born out by this countries tragic history.

ALL borrowing from international markets was shut down to Argentina due to its default in 2001
Remember !? So what are you talkin* about ?
This discussion here is not about who is a better president-
It’s about what will happen due to the current devaluation of the peso

Perry, In your and Wrangler's fanatical hatred of Macri, you either don't read other people's posts or you read something that could possibly be construed as support of Macri (in any area, not just economically) and you decide that person is a unconditional supporter of Macri. I have said any number of times in this thread and others that Macri has mismanaged the economy, I have used words like "colossal failures." I have said I agree with most of what you have said about Macri's handling of the economy. I have admitted that the situation could get very, very nasty. What I have said before and I repeat here is that I support what Macri has done in other areas, like taking on all the mafias and narcos in this country. But again, me having said even that will be taken construed as unrelentless support of Macri. We all know what happened to those 200 billion of dollars, and when did I ever say I was in agreement with that. Please read people's posts, and when you do, don't read between the lines things that are not there, like this unconditional support of Macri.

@Stantucker

Anger, yes, hatred, no however. I just have never come across any other politician that has NOT delivered on so much that he promised, during and after his campaign. He speaks in generalities and gives no details.

His polls numbers are abysmal, last time i checked, (last week) his approval numbers are at 25%, that's just horrible, so I believe he is going to pay heavy political price for running Argentina into the ground.

When you say Mafias, do you mean the 'gremios' and the 'sindicalistas'? They show time and time again that they are still in control and not Macri. If Macri was serious about fighting drugs, maybe he would do a better job at picking those tasked with the job. Lets not forget about the two Macri officials busted for narco in Entre Rios, which by the way, there was not much reporting of.

The difference between you and eye is that you see some success, and I see absolutely none.

Last edited:
How do you figure? How are they better prepared? I would argue that with the inflation that has been going on, they are not better prepared.

I doubt credit will be expanded here in Argentina, anytime soon.

I doubt that Macrinomics will continue beyond November 2019. Current polls suggest he and his party is going to get ran out of town.
1. People hold cash instead of depositing it in a bank, there is also way easier access to Dollars now. There will not be another 2001 scenario .
2. Last year there were Mortgages here / Housing loans to the amount of $170,000 , but due to inflation this has dried up.
3. As of last weeks meeting with IMF I don't think Macrinomics are in effect anymore .....

MEET YOUR NEW MASTER -

Back