Don't They Have Any Shame?

Timisoara, the babies in Koweit, Saddam's WMDs and now Assad chemicals.

It works at all times! (Assad is a dictator though but better him than Al Qaeda)

"Will we help Syria? We will," he said. "We are already helping, we send arms."

In recent weeks, the Russian navy has also sent three warships to the eastern Mediterranean, near the Syrian coast, where it maintains a base at the port of Tartous. Russian reports suggest that a fourth vessel, carrying a "special cargo", is now heading to the area.

2 days ago in http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10291879/Syria-Russia-will-stand-by-Assad-over-any-US-strikes-warns-Putin.html

As a former war-fighter all I can say is, "WTF are they thinking?"

I have my own common-sense test and bombing Syria doesn't pass it.

As a former war-fighter all I can say is, "WTF are they thinking?"

I have my own common-sense test and bombing Syria doesn't pass it.

At least you weren't serving at the time when all common sense went out the window. It must be awful to have to obey a commander in chief like the one in place right now (maybe partially the one before too).

Imagine a gallon of fuel around 7 or 8 bucks. That would be interesting. Horrible too.

8 bucks a gallon would be a bargain. Petrol in the UK currently costs around 10 dollars a gallon. It sucks, but society hasn't collapsed just yet.

If gas were so expensive in the U.S., other options could finally begin to take precedent. At 8 or 10 dollars a gallon, biodiesel would suddenly become highly attractive. Actually, they can now grow biodiesel from algae. It doesn't pollute so badly, and diesel vehicles get better gas mileage and need less maintenance. Tesla might could quickly develop a mass consumer electric car.

My parent's electricity provider gets 85% of the electricity from wind. The U.S. has lots of petroleum, and so does Mexico and Canada. We could easily pull out of the middle east and leave them all hanging if we wanted to. Unfortunately, a small cadre of rich people does not want something like this to happen. It's what should happen, but of course, that would just make too much sense.

8 bucks a gallon would be a bargain. Petrol in the UK currently costs around 10 dollars a gallon. It sucks, but society hasn't collapsed just yet.

The UK has a much higher population density then the USA (660 people/square mile vs. 83 people/square mile in the US). At $8 a gallon, life outside major metropolitan areas becomes economically inviable in the US. The entire suburban living model implodes overnight.

Back