Don't They Have Any Shame?

8 bucks a gallon would be a bargain. Petrol in the UK currently costs around 10 dollars a gallon. It sucks, but society hasn't collapsed just yet.

As camberiu said. I am also aware of gas prices in Europe but it's entirely different there. The impact it would have on the economy, the average household, the price of the goods that are transported via ground every day?? An average Amercian truck route is 3 times longer than the longest distance in the UK. You can't say the economy wouldn't implode.

If gas were so expensive in the U.S., other options could finally begin to take precedent. At 8 or 10 dollars a gallon, biodiesel would suddenly become highly attractive. Actually, they can now grow biodiesel from algae. It doesn't pollute so badly, and diesel vehicles get better gas mileage and need less maintenance. Tesla might could quickly develop a mass consumer electric car.

My parent's electricity provider gets 85% of the electricity from wind. The U.S. has lots of petroleum, and so does Mexico and Canada. We could easily pull out of the middle east and leave them all hanging if we wanted to. Unfortunately, a small cadre of rich people does not want something like this to happen. It's what should happen, but of course, that would just make too much sense.

Tex, as time goes by I'm more convinced that the involvement in the middle east oil is more about control and about enforcing the USD as the reserve currency than it is about the oil itself. North America is entirely capable of surviving with it's own oil. However if we were to suddenly let go of the iron grip on the international oil markets they would immediately stop trading in dollars and the 16 trillion would suddenly become a lot more real.

While Putin sounds like the voice of reason in that video, that 'article' is laughable, presenting opinion as news. In the first para it says, the 'once drug addict now US leader.' Completely libelous. Later it says, 'Christ is Victorious in Russia where homosexuality is still a sin. '

I'm not defending the war-thirsty corporate interests of the U.S., but printing outright lies and ridiculousness really doesn't help the cause of those who wish for a diplomatic solution. Do the people on this forum really get their news from sources like that?

While Putin sounds like the voice of reason in that video, that 'article' is laughable, presenting opinion as news. In the first para it says, the 'once drug addict now US leader.' Completely libelous. Later it says, 'Christ is Victorious in Russia where homosexuality is still a sin. '

I'm not defending the war-thirsty corporate interests of the U.S., but printing outright lies and ridiculousness really doesn't help the cause of those who wish for a diplomatic solution. Do the people on this forum really get their news from sources like that?

I nearly expected that article to finish with "Putin's Russia is best Russia!"

I will definitely go back to Pravda for more mid-morning laughs, makes Fox News look like a beacon of truthful and independent reporting. I suppose we should be grateful not to have been offered news from Russia Today.

For whatever it is worth: Syria as Russia's Oil Price Tool

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/raymond-j-learsy/syria-as-russias-oil-pric_b_3892180.html

Pravda was never a serious newspaper. Not in during the time of the USSR and even less now.

The entire suburban living model implodes overnight.

Either that, or people could buy smaller more fuel efficient vehicles. Still, the impact on transport and haulage would be considerable.

At some point the US has to wake up to the reality that limitless quantities of cheap fuel isn't a right.

Either that, or people could buy smaller more fuel efficient vehicles. Still, the impact on transport and haulage would be considerable.

At some point the US has to wake up to the reality that limitless quantities of cheap fuel isn't a right.

If only that were the ONLY thing to wake up to.

I will definitely go back to Pravda for more mid-morning laughs, makes Fox News look like a beacon of truthful and independent reporting. I suppose we should be grateful not to have been offered news from Russia Today.

Russia Today actually deserves some respect. They put Assange on the air. Apparently, now they got Larry King.

Pravda.ru on the other hand is the absolute bottom of the news barrel.

Back