Door To Door Service Experiences?

I have received bank cards through the regular mail, as. I received my EEUU absentee voting ballot,today !!!
I wonder about receiving packages from anotherr country?.
I ain't got no DNI

I just had a nightmarish experience with this issue. I ordered two spare parts for my car from the USA.
I received the local telegram with instructions to pay a VEP (meaning Volante Electronico de Pago) in the AFIP Internet page.
So I did, but unknowlingly, it seems that I did it wrongly. AFIP has three branches (IRS; CUSTOMS, and SOCIAL SECURITY). The payment went to the IRS branch, it seems; and Customs did not recognize this as a payment for Internacional Mail. I went five(5) times to the Correo Internacional office in Retiro, waiting for hours, and sometimes interviewing up to 9 bureucrats. They never told me the source of the problem until the sixth time, went they told that the parts had been sent back to the USA.
Beat this, if you can!!

Sadly I fear this new service will end up being as shambolic as the last one. They don't make it flippin' easy do they? In the UK if your imported package is identified as being 'tax to be paid' at least the postman tells you to go to your nearest sorting office to pay and collect it...and most of them are within a few minutes of the house.

I have received bank cards through the regular mail, as. I received my EEUU absentee voting ballot,today !!!
I wonder about receiving packages from anotherr country?.
I ain't got no DNI

I've got a DNI but I'm not registered with AFIP which seems to be more important. I'll just order something using my wife's name I suppose as it seems they've forgotten that foreigners and tourists here get sent packages.

Serafina

Last year, I sent my brother in BA an eleven dollar toy for his grandkids via Fedex. Fedex charged me $150 or so in California for the deliverfy. When my brother went to pick up the package, aduana wanted one hundred fifty dollars for it. Forget it, he said. A few weeks later I got the toy returned to me in the USA. Crazy too, like your experience!!!!

We paid the taxes to the provider who paid it to DHL who paid it to Aduana. if it's sent by Correo Argentina then you have to generate a VEP. That is more difficult. You need a Cuil to begin with and a level 3 security level on the AFIP website. Our provider seems to be on board with the process and had a pop up on their website that explained the process when they sensed our IP.

Serafina

Last year, I sent my brother in BA an eleven dollar toy for his grandkids via Fedex. Fedex charged me $150 or so in California for the deliverfy. When my brother went to pick up the package, aduana wanted one hundred fifty dollars for it. Forget it, he said. A few weeks later I got the toy returned to me in the USA. Crazy too, like your experience!!!!

How much did you have to pay for the return of your shipping? We can either ask for it to be returned or have it destroyed.

We paid the taxes to the provider who paid it to DHL who paid it to Aduana. if it's sent by Correo Argentina then you have to generate a VEP. That is more difficult. You need a Cuil to begin with and a level 3 security level on the AFIP website. Our provider seems to be on board with the process and had a pop up on their website that explained the process when they sensed our IP.

That sounds far more complicated than I'd want it to be.

As a tester I bit the bullet today and ordered 3/4 kilo of leaf tea from the British Corner Shop site in the UK...even with postage it works out far cheaper than sourcing similar quality tea here. The actual price of the tea was under US$20 so surely to God it won't be held to ransom until I pay some ridiculous release fee. If it does I shall be personally knocking on Macris door.

My friends and family in the USA have strict orders not to send me anything in the mail. That said, a tango friend in Scotland decided I needed another ration of chocolate and alerted me by email last month to be on the lookout. A week ago I received a TELEGRAMA from Correo Argentino with instructions.

ESTIMADO CLIENTE
LE INFORMAMOS QUE HEMOS RECIBIDO EL ENVIO INTERNACIONAL ENTRANTE GRXXXXXXXXX (CODIGO DE ORIGEN) PROCEDENTE DE CHINA REP POP QUE HA SIDO CLASIFICADO DENTRO DEL REGIMEN 'PUERTA A PUERTA' LO QUE POSIBILITA ENTREGA EN EL DOMICILIO CONSIGNADO EN EL MISMO. PREVIO CUMPLIMIENTO DE LOS REQUISITOS DE LA RESOLUSION DE LA AFIP NRO 3915 WWW.AFIP.GOB.AR
ADEMAS DEBERA ABONAR A CORREO ARGENTINO EL IMPORTE DE $100.00 EN CONCEPTO DE GESTION ENVIO INTERNACIONAL PUERTA A PUERTA UTILIZANDO EL CODIGO DE PAGO ELECTRONICO 16XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX A TRAVES DE WWW.PAGOMISCUENTAS.COM.AR WWW.REDLINK.COM.AR O EN LA RED DE CAJEROS AUTOMATICOS BANELCO Y LINK.
INGRESANDO EN WWW.CORREOARGENTINO.COM.AR ENCONTRARA TODA LA INFORMACION NECESARIA PARA PODER COMPLETAR EL TRAMITE.

The letter states that the post office received an international package from China that is classified for door to door delivery once I complete the requirements by AFIP. I can pay the post office the fee (pesos or dollars?) for the package online (but I don't have a bank account) or at an ATM. All the information is provided on the post office website.

The post office site directs you to the AFIP site for envois postales internationals, required a level 3 security "clave fiscal" from AFIP. Then you enter the tracking number, the systems shows your address for delivery. It's supposed to generate an electronic bill for payment.

If you don't have a CUIT/CUIL, that's your first task in the process. Then you can get the clave fiscal at the local AFIP agency that corresponds to your permanent address. They need a digital fingerprint and photo for processing. The man asked my why I needed a clave fiscal? I replied for Correo Argentino, and he didn't question me further. He then explained how to get into the system with the agency number first. Then you change it to your own password (8-10 characters). Then you accept your DATOS BIOMETRICOS that appear on the screen.

After hours the system, I am unable to generate a bill and complete the process. I used the tracking number and saw my name and address in the system for a package from "China." The SISTEMA INFO MALVINA has a list of products that are controlled: (1) electronics, (2) accessories (watches, etc) (3) sports equipment, (4) games and toys, (5) cosmetics, perfume, (6) home articles, (7) audio and video, (8) clothing, (9) musical instruments, (10) medications, (11) artwork, (12) stock items, refills) The chocolate with a value of $24US doesn't fit one of those categories.

The second page asks for more information -- description, quantity, unit size/weight, value in dollars, etc., so I emailed my friend who sent the chocolate for details. The Nuevo VEP option (volante electronico de pagos) doesn't include paying CORREO ARGENTINO.

I asked a friend with a local bank account to try paying the bill at an ATM, so we went to Banelco yesterday. There is an AFIP option, but nothing for paying Correo Argentino. As someone wrote above, if you pay into the wrong account, it takes more time to finish the process.

I have to laugh at what they call the "simplified" system of delivery. Once you receive your delivery, you must notify AFIP within 30 days; not completing this step prevents any future deliveries.

I've fooled around in the AFIP system long enough. It was a kind gesture of my friend to send more 85% chocolate from Scotland valued at $24US, but I can't figure out how the new simplified system works.

I have to laugh at what they call the "simplified" system of delivery. Once you receive your delivery, you must notify AFIP within 30 days; not completing this step prevents any future deliveries.

I've fooled around in the AFIP system long enough. It was a kind gesture of my friend to send more 85% chocolate from Scotland valued at $24US, but I can't figure out how the new simplified system works.

This doesn't bode well for my tea order from the UK!! I assumed packages valued under $25 weren't held to ransom and got delivered however it would seem not judging by your experience. The process doesn't seem geared for those who don't have the relevant CUIT/CUIL numbers and highlights how farcical the new system is for those who fall into that group. 12 days has passed since my tea order was sent I had forecast it would take 2-3 weeks to arrive so still time yet but I fear it'll also end up in bureaucratic no man's land.

Back