Door To Door Service Experiences?

Packages can't be destroyed in Argentina!

Nice system. I am starting to be quite doubtful of Macri and the news about his "innovations" on the Media...

. I am starting to be quite doubtful of Macri and the news about his "innovations" on the Media...

Well I shall give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment but if my tea isn't delivered without me having to jump through hoops to get it they can forget receiving any support from me. I can understand them wanting to tax imported goods but flippin' tea and chocolate? Crazy!!

This doesn't bode well for my tea order from the UK!! I assumed packages valued under $25 weren't held to ransom and got delivered however it would seem not judging by your experience. The process doesn't seem geared for those who don't have the relevant CUIT/CUIL numbers and highlights how farcical the new system is for those who fall into that group. 12 days has passed since my tea order was sent I had forecast it would take 2-3 weeks to arrive so still time yet but I fear it'll also end up in bureaucratic no man's land.

Any package ordered internationally for delivery in Argentina will be held up at the post office until the import tax is paid. You must have a CUIT/CUIL and clave fiscal from AFIP to complete the process and receive packages. So if you really want that tea, do what is necessary to get into the system. Only books, magazines and other publications are delivered without the AFIP transaction.

PUERTA A PUERTA on the correo argentine site directs you to the PASO A PASO video that describes the elaborate process of obtaining your international packages. Use this step-by-step video if the value of your package is under $200USD and under 2 KILOS which the post office will deliver. If the value exceeds $200USD or 2 KILOS, you retrieve the package at the local branch post office.

Once the package is entered in the Customs system, Correo Argentino will send you a telegram informing you of its receipt. The telegram contains a TRACKING NUMBER.

Enter AFIP.GOB.AR with your CUIT/CUIL and CLAVE FISCAL. Select ENVIOS POSTALES INTERNATIONALES further down on the page. You need a clave fiscal with security level 3 to operate in the system.

You will see SISTEMA INFORMATICO MALVINA. On the Menu bar on the left select Carga de Declaracion. This gets you into the page to enter your tracking number and click CONSULTAR. The screen shows the details in the system with your name and address. The menu at the top has three pages to complete: DATOS DEL ENVIO - PRODUCTOS DEL ENVIO - CONTROLES Y LIQUIDACION.

Select PRODUCTOS DEL ENVIO in the menu bar on the screen. Here you enter details of the items you ordered and declare the value in dollars. When completed, the system is supposed to generate a Volante Electronico de Pago (VEP)for the taxes that you have to pay on CONTROLES Y LIQUIDACION. You must use the VEP the day it is generated by the system or it will be invalid. Then you'll have to start the process again for a new bill.

You can pay for the international delivery with Correo Argentino on PAGOMISCUENTAS if you have a local account with a participating bank on that system or Red Link using the electronic code in the telegram.

AFIP needs five days to review and approve the process. If it's approved, the package will arrive at your door by delivery and require a signature. Once received you must notify AFIP within 30 days or you'll not be allowed to receive additional packages. Consulta y Confirmation on the menu to complete the process.

If you have a DNI, you either have or can obtain a CUIT/CUIL. Once you have a CUIT, you can get a CLAVE FISCAL from AFIP to use the system. That process has to be done in person at your local agency. You can get a turno online. It takes about 20-30 minutes to do the paperwork with AFIP. Then you get to learn how to use the system and may be successful in receiving your package. If unclaimed for a period of time, the postal employees get to share the goods left behind by foreigners who can't be bothered to claim them. Imagine the exp<b></b>ression on their faces when they see tea or chocolate.

The annual personal exemption is $25USD. CONTROLES Y LIQUIDACION states: If all the products are DUTY FREE, the system doesn't calculate the import tax. I don't see how to avoid the tax which is automatically calculated by the system and was already determined in the telegram.

Gone are the days when you could pick up a package at Correo Central at Retiro. It was so simple then.

Basically, they've made up a system which is as worse as Cristina's minus the ability to cut corners by bribing.

So who all wanted Christina or her croonies - out of power? I see many of them have gone quiet!

Any package ordered internationally for delivery in Argentina will be held up at the post office until the import tax is paid.

So basically because my $20 package doesn't have a tracking number I've no chance of ever seeing it and even if it did as I'm not registered with AFIP I still won't get it without having to go through some lengthy bureaucratic nightmare?

So basically because my $20 package doesn't have a tracking number I've no chance of ever seeing it and even if it did as I'm not registered with AFIP I still won't get it without having to go through some lengthy bureaucratic nightmare?

Once the package is entered in the Customs system, Correo Argentino will send you a telegram informing you of its receipt. The telegram contains a TRACKING NUMBER.

There's still hope of me enjoying a decent cuppa tea then?

Why do they go to all this bother when the value of the contents are well below the $25 limit?

I was determined to figure out this "simplified" system. I played around and tried other options. I clicked GRABAR BORRADOR to see what would happen after all the blanks were completed. That generated a TRANSACTION NRO. Then there was another option to GENERAR VEP - produce the electronic payment flier. It gives you options for payment online that you can only use if you have a local bank account. I do not. Warning: the system has a time limit and closes once time expires. You have to start over by entering your CUIT and clave fiscal.

The system generated two documents: DECLARACION SIMPLIFICADA DE ENVIOS POSTALES INTERNATIONALES with barcode and Volante Electronico de Pago that has no barcode. The declaration states the tax due in dollars; the VEP has the amount calculated in pesos. I owe $6 @ 15.155 = 90,93 which amount includes IVA 38.19

I've spent hours on the system, and it's not simple by any means. I still have to figure out how to pay the VEP with the help of a friend who has a bank account. Now I know to select AFIP ADUANAS at a Banelco ATM. After the tax is paid, they make a determination about delivery. When delivered, confirmation has to be made in the system. I'm paying tax on a gift from a friend.

I swear that they hire people who can make these processes as complicated as possible to deter foreign purchases.

Well considering I'm pretty thick at the best of times the chances of me figuring it all out are zilch. I think my next order will be in my wife's name. She's not only far more intelligent than me but she knows certain people who can make things happen.

Back