Door To Door Service Experiences?

Well considering I'm pretty thick at the best of times the chances of me figuring it all out are zilch. I think my next order will be in my wife's name. She's not only far more intelligent than me but she knows certain people who can make things happen.

That's the woman I was looking for!

According to what the wife was reading last night there is an average wait of around 40 days for small packages to be processed and with Christmas looming one imagines the situation can only get worse....and that estimate is only for those who are able to navigate the online process in the first place. Reports also state the mountain of packages that have been waiting before the new system came into being are still lying about because no-one knows what to do with them. Allowing them to be delivered seems the obvious bloody answer to me.

This whole nonsense just epitomises all that is wrong with this country...the one step forward two steps back mentality strikes yet again.

I suggest everyone stop ordering anything from abroad into this country. The system is a complete cluster fuck. I birthday card sent a few months ago still hasn't arrived, a plastic phone case sent 1.5 months ago hasn't arrived. Most likely on the floor of the shitty correo argentina getting stolen by workers. Is it any wonder this country cannot deliver mail, something that has been around for centuries that the economy is also a complete cluster fuck? Excuse the rant. Macri needs to get his shit sorted, before starting with foreign investment start by getting a working mail system.

I suggest everyone stop ordering anything from abroad into this country. The system is a complete cluster fuck. I birthday card sent a few months ago still hasn't arrived, a plastic phone case sent 1.5 months ago hasn't arrived. Most likely on the floor of the shitty correo argentina getting stolen by workers. Is it any wonder this country cannot deliver mail, something that has been around for centuries that the economy is also a complete cluster fuck? Excuse the rant. Macri needs to get his shit sorted, before starting with foreign investment start by getting a working mail system.

I'm certainly not anti Macri but I have to agree with you. Firstly he me missed a trick by not allowing the mountain of parcels collected under the K regime to be released and delivered asap. That would have been a good PR stunt at very little cost to the country and given him more time to think of a better way to implement a system of controlling personal imports from abroad. If they plan to sort out the ruddy mess the economy is in by punishing law abiding people through depriving them of a service which most third world countries can run efficiently then he's taken the wrong direction. All he's doing is pissing people off and given the cost of enforcing this new service the country will be no better off anyway.
He should be concentrating on taking measure to stop wholesalers and retailers ripping off the customer by charging inflated prices in the shops thus forcing people to buy even basic items from abroad. I only want to buy goods from abroad because they're not available here. If I have to pay duty/tax on the goods so be it but I don't expect to be left in limbo wondering if my parcel will ever arrive. A customer of the UK shop I purchased my 3/4 kilo of tea from left an online comment complimenting them on the fast delivery of their order...5 days door to door from the UK to Australia!! 17 days later and half the distance and I'm still waiting. :angry:

A customer of the UK shop I purchased my 3/4 kilo of tea from left an online comment complimenting them on the fast delivery of their order...5 days door to door from the UK to Australia!! 17 days later and half the distance and I'm still waiting. :angry:

If only the British effort to take over Argentina were successful! This would be paradise. Instead, they got Falklands! Is it a joke?!

A report on the first two months of door-to-door service from The Bubble

http://www.thebubble.com/door-to-door-delivery-in-argentina-not-everything-it-was-cracked-up-to-be/

If you want to avoid the complicated system set up by AFIP, then don't order anything from abroad, especially if you don't have a DNI, a CUIT, a clave fiscal, a local bank account, and know your local AFIP agency office and the language. It's a lost cause. Find what you need locally or do without it.

I decided to visit my local AFIP office and see what response I'd get in person when I showed them a printed DECLARACION SIMPLIFICADA DE ENVIOS POSTALES INTERNACIONALES and VOLANTE ELECTRONICO DE PAGO. After waiting about 15 minutes, I discovered that I was on the wrong floor of the building. I got the attention of a man behind the counter who then asked another to look at the documents. He told me to inquire at the post office, which I did already, or to make payment at PagoFacil, which I tried to no avail. He then went to another department to ask a manager. That man referred him to a woman at the front desk to help me. She basically told me what I know -- that I could only pay for the door-to-door service by the post office through a bank account. I'm going to ask a friend to make payment through her bank account at a Banelco. I will report on how long it takes to receive delivery of a package that was shipped early September.

If you want to avoid the complicated system set up by AFIP, then don't order anything from abroad,

Trouble is not everyone who is waiting for a package has actually purchased something. It could just as easily be a parcel sent from a family member containing your favourite underwear left during your last visit home. This withholding of packages and making it impossible for the recipient to have them released is verging on a breach of basic human rights. Refugees get treated better in certain countries.

Basically, they've made up a system which is as worse as Cristina's minus the ability to cut corners by bribing.

I think most sane people figured out long ago that actually using this 'system' is bad for your health.

My only question is regarding the macro/high-level attitude of the Macri administration towards this idiocy.

Is this ineptness (=Argentines simply incapable of designing something truly functional) or deliberate (nominally things work but make it so complicated and/or spotty that normal ppl don't try)?

So who all wanted Christina or her croonies - out of power? I see many of them have gone quiet!

FWIW, I just posted this on a parallel thread:

I am starting to gloomily contemplate that camberiu's assessment of this administration may have been spot on.

And many people have shared similar sentiments.

The point I and many others had been hammering was that:

1. At the time - there were no grounds (yet) for undue pessimism rather than simply "wait and see".
2. I don't think anybody sane would dare argue that CFK and her cronies would not only not be better, but incalculably worse.

With that shitshow gone, we can complain about the (yoooge) suckiness in place at present. You can complain about the smell of shit deposited at your door each day, but only when you've let your guard down enough to remove your gas mask.

Back