Door To Door Service Experiences?

I received a second TELEGRAMA from Correo Argentina about the package of chocolates that a friend sent me three months ago from Scotland. The telegram has a different codigo de pago that the first one. I tried every conceivable way to pay the 100 peso delivery fee (pago facil, Banelco ATM). Correo Argentina told me to call AFIP asking for a modification of payment -- since I don't have a local bank account to pay the fee (the case for many foreigners), I need authorization to go directly to Aduanas at Retiro for the package. There is a deadline of December 16, or they will return the package to the sender.

The chocolate may not be edible. Getting authorization from AFIP is a major hurdle. I don't think I'll bother at this point with only ten days to the deadline.

This just confirms what a complete farce the system is on low value items.

Is the 100 peso release fee a joke?

http://www.iprofesional.com/notas/243650-Puerta-a-puerta-con-demoras-ms-del-50-de-los-productos-importados-an-no-lleg-a-manos-de-los-compradores-

That article just confirms what we knew already....another gigantic cock-up.

My tea order from the UK has no doubt been lying hidden from view deep below a pile of cheap electronic goods from China for the last few months and the only guy working through it has been off work due to stress. Even an idiot would recognise the answer to all this would have been to only impound parcels from certain countries like China and allow the rest to go free.
Then again Argentina doesn't seem to do sensible.

I gave up on a few items that were less than the $25... They must be sitting in someones house - all this bullshit about the only items left are people that didn't pay tax.. Complete load of shit and just highlights how incompetent and fucked the system is.. And people wonder why business investment isn't flocking here - learn how to deliver mail before asking for money.

The reason this country with such high taxes on everything has such shit public infrastructure is because of all the low lives in both the private and public arena who feel no remorse stealing from the system. These are the same idiots who stop their car in the middle of the road to wait to pickup someone causing everyone else to avoid them. The unions who sue every time someone loses their job - these people expect the system to look after them even if there is no work to be done. It's like it is their birthright to have a job for life even if the job is no longer required by society due to economic conditions or changes in behaviour. *End rant*

On an unrelated note - what is the law regarding footpaths - why are they in such shit condition with holes and crap everywhere. Who is responsible for maintenance and how does it work?

I always wanted to have someone send me something with a tracking device in it , to find out where the goods really end up, then of course , choose option a), expose the whole thing to the news or option b,........ ;)

A bit of good cheer...sent my Argentine christmas cards on November 30th from Spain. They all arrived before 7th december. I do believe in Christmas miracles

My tea order is still out there somewhere yet to arrive.... :rolleyes:

What is really worrying me now is I need to renew my UK passport as it runs out in May. Thought we might make it back to the UK before then to have it done but those travel plans have been put on hold until later this year. From any normal country sending it back to the UK to have it renewed is a simple process but with all the carry on going on here I'm wondering what will happen when they return it. Will they impound it then demand extra payment before releasing it or will they treat it as a document exempt from this ridiculous process? If the former it could lead to an International incident. :eek:

I told my UK relatives not to send Xmas cards this year.
In spite of my pleas 4 did.
Not one has arrived.....

I told my UK relatives not to send Xmas cards this year.
In spite of my pleas 4 did.
Not one has arrived.....

My relatives didn't need to be told twice. :D
However my wife's best friend still insists on sending us one. It arrived on Monday and was posted on Dec 11th....pretty good going compared to previous years. It had been half opened though. :rolleyes:

I just received a frequent flyer card renewal that was sent in November 2016... Not bad, only 3-4 months. Still missing a few packages from mid 2016... No sarcasm.

Back