Driving in Argentina. International License??

Ajo ,

I am sure with a little study , you can pass the Argentine drivers test. Although you may have some difficulty with the psychological evaluation part of the test.........

Why do you think there are so many shrinks in Buenos Aires?

I picked up my new licence yesterday, valid for the next 5 years.
As far as tramites goes, it was completely painless and the final window 'Fin de tramite', was a joy to behold.

Hey everyone,

I recently moved here to BsAs and have temp residence for one year. I have a valid US driver´s license and Argentine DNI and the green or blue card with my name on it to drive my company´s car here. But I don´t have an Argentine driver´s license. Do I have to get one or will driving with my US DL, my Arg DNI and the car´s docs with my name on it be sufficient?

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!!!

US licenses are valid as long as they are not expired. All other licenses from abroad, best to have the "International Driver's Permit" that you buy for ~$30 from your local automobile association.

I was stopped and showed them the green card (which is the kind of title my bf set up so that anyone can drive the car) and my US license and it was allllll good.

Hey everyone,

I recently moved here to BsAs and have temp residence for one year. I have a valid US driver´s license and Argentine DNI and the green or blue card with my name on it to drive my company´s car here. But I don´t have an Argentine driver´s license. Do I have to get one or will driving with my US DL, my Arg DNI and the car´s docs with my name on it be sufficient?

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!!!

I have driven hundreds of thousands of klicks through every Argentine province, and nobody has ever questioned my California license.

Have been stopped twice and i`ve shown my UK license. Told them in was international valid and they just shrug and let you through. But I do have an international driving license as a backup but never showed it as its in the glove box usually.

I'm with Gringoboy..its all about Olivos..I went there to get my Argentine license and it was incredibly painless. I was shocked. I showed my valid California license, I took a ridiculous psych test and saw a psychologist (which makes me laugh considering all the basket cases driving here), I took an eye test and paid 350 pesos. I picked up my license 4 days later. Bing bam boom. Lightyears better than the California DMV and the employees were even friendly.

I'm with Gringoboy..its all about Olivos..I went there to get my Argentine license and it was incredibly painless. I was shocked. I showed my valid California license, I took a ridiculous psych test and saw a psychologist (which makes me laugh considering all the basket cases driving here), I took an eye test and paid 350 pesos. I picked up my license 4 days later. Bing bam boom. Lightyears better than the California DMV and the employees were even friendly.

Do you have a DNI or residency?

Back