El Adios a Nestor

perry said:
Thank you for your beautiful post and words. A death is the most tragic thing and especially for one who is so much loved by many like Nestor Kirchner was .
I have been very disappointed by some of the remarks and insensitive threads at this time. This is certainly not the right time for this .

I also like to comment that I have found Nestor Kirchners passing to be handled beautifully by the State and wish Christina the force to continue working for all Argentinians.

But have you also not been disappointed that this tragic thing is being used by Cristina and her thuggish supporters for political posturing? Having the Tupu Amaru, or whatever the terrorist group is called, and Moyano's killing mafia use it to harangue the opposition in front of his coffin is hardly beautiful. That is distubing. If you cannot see or acknowledege this my friend, while I respectfully suggest you need some perspective.

...or are you just waving red flags in our faces like anyy troll?

citygirl said:
There is a personal component and I too find it a bit inappropriate to speak ill of the man personally (never having met him).

HOWEVER, his record as president is fair game. And if you're going to allow threads that seek to praise him or proclaim that he saved the economy, you can't be surprised that there are those who feel differently. And again, anything he did as a public figure is completely open to be discussed by anyone at any time. Personally, I don't think there is anything inappropriate about that.

Exactly. Most of the threads that contain criticism of the K's time in public office were posted in reaction to comments that elevated him to the status of a martyred saint.

mendozanow said:
But have you also not been disappointed that this tragic thing is being used by Cristina and her thuggish supporters for political posturing? Having the Tupu Amaru, or whatever the terrorist group is called, and Moyano's killing mafia use it to harangue the opposition in front of his coffin is hardly beautiful. That is distubing. If you cannot see or acknowledege this my friend, while I respectfully suggest you need some perspective.

...or are you just waving red flags in our faces like anyy troll?

Tupac Amaru a terrorist group?!?!?!?
I have had the pleasure of seeing their projects in action in Jujuy. There are no terrorists working in the housing projects, schools or hospitals that they have built using the poor and homeless.

syngirl said:
Yup, the unfortunate looking blend of the Pinguino and Cristina in the windbreaker (!) is Maximo. Nestor was nothing to look at, Cristina's looks have changed dramatically over the years, but their poor kids unfortunately got dealt the crap hand of the genetics lottery...

So much hate and so little brains, typical of some segments of the Argentine intolerant and arrogant society the ones who went on time after time ahead in their wish to sink this country to the deep of the crisis thought the years and yet still not even try to understand where lay the true essence of life letting the tolerance and understanding rest, a true ignorance of facts and ignominious hate is represented in this post.

I can simple just try to ignore and let it go but by doing that I'll only reinforce some ignorant peoples views and honestly I can't let it by pass lightly.

So, if you feel offended by my remarks I let you know that I'm deeply offended by yours, by preaching ignorant hate it will not take long until someone will reply and refute you unfounded, baseless and unfortunate explanation.

citygirl said:
There is a personal component and I too find it a bit inappropriate to speak ill of the man personally (never having met him).

HOWEVER, his record as president is fair game. And if you're going to allow threads that seek to praise him or proclaim that he saved the economy, you can't be surprised that there are those who feel differently. And again, anything he did as a public figure is completely open to be discussed by anyone at any time. Personally, I don't think there is anything inappropriate about that.
Oh, I'm not advocating censorship or false sentimentality. Realism and informed criticism of a public figure, living or dead, are always appropriate, and moreover, necessary. I didn't agree with K politics then, and I still don't. What I'm referring to are the crude jokes and comments that don't criticize his policies as much as celebrate his death. By all means, people should be allowed to post whatever they want; I just find that type of reaction in poor taste (for example, I despise G.W. Bush and his politics with the heat of a thousand suns, but if he dropped dead, I'd refrain from publicly expressing my personal happiness... at least for the first week or so.)

Who says he´s dead? Anybody has seen the body? Why was the casket closed? This is done only in cases of a bloody accident, etc! There are rumors that this is a faked death to avoid prosecution (in the future)for the limitless numbers of crimes he commited ever since he took office as a mayor and governor in Patagonia. There are 500 Milliions of dollars of oil revenue (not exactly small change) missing there!!!
We had a similar case with Mr Yabran, a millonaire who "committed suicide" after he was accused of the murder of a pro photograper. No DNA rests were made!!. In this country everything is possible. After all, in the good old USA nobody knows who killed JFK even today!!

Sorry starlucia, my post wasn't directed towards you specifically, just a general comment.

Lucas said:
So much hate and so little brains, typical of some segments of the Argentine intolerant and arrogant society the ones who went on time after time ahead in their wish to sink this country to the deep of the crisis thought the years and yet still not even try to understand where lay the true essence of life letting the tolerance and understanding rest, a true ignorance of facts and ignominious hate is represented in this post.

I can simple just try to ignore and let it go but by doing that I'll only reinforce some ignorant peoples views and honestly I can't let it by pass lightly.

So, if you feel offended by my remarks I let you know that I'm deeply offended by yours, by preaching ignorant hate it will not take long until someone will reply and refute you unfounded, baseless and unfortunate explanation.

Huh? I had a little trouble following this post, but my understanding of syngirl's comment was strictly in reference to the appearance of the Kirchner son... it's pretty widely acknowledged that Nestor was not a very physically attractive man. Ignorance and hate don't really factor in here. At all.

I am really horrified at the things I am reading even published by Clarin and La Nacion. Death does not change Kirchner's miserable performance as a President. One has to strictly separate things here: this is surely a difficult time for the family, but how come at once Kirchner was a "great leader" who saved Argentina???? He had not much affection for democracy and fought anyone who though different than him. Intolerant. Violent. This things won't change for me, eventhough the Government wants to show something different (and is surely paying millions of our dear tax money in chori and vino to fill the Plaza de Mayo). Shame on many people who have no balls to stick to their opinion about his political life.

"A death is the most tragic thing and especially for one who is so much loved by many like Nestor Kirchner was"

Sorry Perry, but it is the 2nd time you refer to [this] death as a tragedy...please do not take this the wrong way... but... a guy who has a heart condition and has been operated twice dies = a tragedy????

I don't want to be argumentative, but I don't believe a death is always the most tragic thing... above all when a person is sick like K was.

Back