Electricity increases 400%?

It's not a rate increase but cutting down on subsidies and therefor legal.

That's also the reason why congress is probally helpless. But that depends on the supreme court

It is not just the cut on subsidies, but also fines based on your consumption ( of electricity for instance ). In any case, I trust judges more than politicians.

Too bad it takes years for a judge to judge here

And also that it takes years to find justice if the company has cut you off for electricity and gas

BlahBlah said:
Too bad it takes years for a judge to judge here

And also that it takes years to find justice if the company has cut you off for electricity and gas

Justice might take years, yes, but if you know how things work, with the right resources you should not have any issues. I am no sheep and know exactly how to defend my rights, have done so for 35 years successfully ;)

It affects 1 million users and is retroactive to July 1

Change of policy in Argentina - Electricity price hikes and end of subsidies

Electricity rates hiked up to 30 per cent for big residential consumers, giving some breathing space to public accounts. A certain "social criterion" prevailed and hikes were not applied to users consuming less than 650 kW. Yesterday's decision was an orthodox advance towards straightening up public accounts. More so if rates are gradually increased every two months, as it is expected, more attention is paid to power generators, and changes are seen in gas and transport industries' current situation. There is a sign of change -initial, maybe- towards holding back the spiral of subsidies that has grown at exponential rates in the last year.
It affects 1 million users and is retroactive to July 1

Change of policy in Argentina - Electricity price hikes and end of subsidies

Electricity rates hiked up to 30 per cent for big residential consumers, giving some breathing space to public accounts. A certain "social criterion" prevailed and hikes were not applied to users consuming less than 650 kW. Yesterday's decision was an orthodox advance towards straightening up public accounts. More so if rates are gradually increased every two months, as it is expected, more attention is paid to power generators, and changes are seen in gas and transport industries' current situation. There is a sign of change -initial, maybe- towards holding back the spiral of subsidies that has grown at exponential rates in the last year.​

www.ambito.com

Here it cleary says this policy is designed to for the middle and upper class and not to hit the more humble sectors

nikad said:
Justice might take years, yes, but if you know how things work, with the right resources you should not have any issues. I am no sheep and know exactly how to defend my rights, have done so for 35 years successfully ;)

Argentina is not the US or Europe.

I wish you a lot of luck with your fight against the windmills

BlahBlah said:
Argentina is not the US or Europe.

I wish you a lot of luck with your fight against the windmills
Thanks! I have lived here all my life though. Do you know that what the call middle class here is any family with an income of 3000 pesos or more? Imagine renting, sending your kid/s to school, eating, and paying these bills... It sounds fair in theory when you hear that is is to get middle/upper classes to pay more, the reality is very different!

The upper class for the last 7 years paid the same for the basic food basket, the train, the bus, gas, electricity, water then someone in a villa did.

I don't call that fair, maybe you do but I don't think it's like that.

BlahBlah said:
The upper class for the last 7 years paid the same for the basic food basket, the train, the bus, gas, electricity, water then someone in a villa did.

I don't call that fair, maybe you do but I don't think it's like that.
I was referring to what they call middle class in my post. As a side note, most people in villas steal electricity using clandestine connections. The ones that historically are royally scre***ed here are middle class families that have to pay a rent or try to buy their own place instead of having the benefit of being an "okupa", that pay all their bills, instead of being " colgados ", etc

nikad said:
I was referring to what they call middle class in my post. As a side note, most people in villas steal electricity using clandestine connections. The ones that historically are royally scre***ed here are middle class families that have to pay a rent or try to buy their own place instead of having the benefit of being an "okupa", that pay all their bills, instead of being " colgados ", etc

Everyone in the lower class lives in the villa and steals electricity?

Did and does the middle class benefit from extremly low gas, electricity, fuel, food and public transport prices the last 7 years?

Back