Electronics And The Blue Rate

Looking to buy a macbook air locally with blue rate. how much will it cost?

Come on big guy !! You can certainly do your own research !! There is a Mac store at the Unicenter. Find price in pesos , then divide by 8.3 ( or the rate you get . )

@ Rich one

You are amongst the most helpful and informative members on the forum. Thanks mate.

I work for the airlines and bring lots of "reasonable items" including electronics (laptops, cell phones, tablets, and cameras generally) for many Argentines and expats. I don't charge excessive fees (but not dirt cheap either!) and certainly better in general than Mercado Libre or buying locally.

Send me a Private Message if you want to know more details. I have several clients from this site.

Any 'veteran' poster can vouch for the above poster 'Kre8ivelyXposed".

Has she/he delievered what she/he promises?

I have been on this site off and on since about 2007 I think and bringing things from the USA for various clients in BA. Honestly, if you CAN find a fairly affordable means to purchase your goods (electronics or otherwise) here, then certainly I recommend that. I generally don't need a lot of additional clients for this kind of thing, but if you get in a bind and need something from the USA fairly quickly, then I may be able to help as I come to BA so frequently.

BTW, I am a HIM and not a HER:)

Have a good day!

I am not worried, come on this is science fiction

Argentine A will buy à iPhone with his cc, British B Buys it in USA And brings it in Argentina as his own and later give it to person A

So customs will detain B because A bought a iPhone?

No, that's not how it works.

Right now a tourist can bring things for personal use without much issue. Getting the phone in is usually not the problem.

The problem is that AFIP is up in people's credit card statements these days - they add the 20% tax there and then, if you are suspected to be buying electronics over $300 your account can possibly be investigated and on top of that 20%, they tack on another 50%.
http://www.ieco.clarin.com/economia/recargo_0_767923227.html

So far I haven't heard of this happening to anyone (first off, how do they know what you bought at a particular store, and how do they know whether you actually brought the item in or not?) but the idea is that they don't really want Argentines buying too much abroad - at least not without taking a a piece of the pie.

We kept electronics off the credit card when we went to the US and used cash... we put more than $300 worth of merchandise on the card (due to the fact they didn't authorize buying too many dollars) and haven't had any issues with AFIP, apart from the 15% surcharge. :knock on wood:

That is correct the price is around US$100 more than in the USA...! Benefits of Garbarino purchase;you have the local warranty, the local keyboard, and if you purchase with an Argentine CC in 12 payments converted at blue rate the last payments will be nada! in 2014, this will make the price difference vanish...!!

Lets say mister A, american, permanent tourist is dating B., Argentine and she got an Argentine creditcard

A Buys a iPad mini with B's CC in the US for 329 dollars. At 5,15 And 20% surcharge will cost 2033 peso or 250 dollar blue. So this makes the iPad mini about 30% cheaper. A then gives B 50 dollar

will this be posible and what is the potential risk for A and B?

Back