Elliptical Trainer

bradlyhale said:
The nicest one had an olympic-sized pool, indoor track, about 5 basketball courts... but that was the recreation facility at the University of Missouri. I don't think that counts!

Don't forget the lazy river, whirlpool and waterfall. ;)

I went to school there, and miss that place so much. :(

El Duderino said:
Don't forget the lazy river, whirlpool and waterfall. ;)

I went to school there, and miss that place so much. :(

Small world. I did too. :) I was in Columbia in November, and of course I went to dinner at the Heidelberg with a friend who still lives in the area. I have so many fond memories of those years, and walking through the Quad just brought a lot of them back. I can go out to eat with my Mizzou friends and everything feels like it was when I first met them. Definitely some of the most formative years of my life....

Definitely a period of my life that I wouldn't trade for the world. The people I met and the experiences I had made me who I am today. Great small town!

Fabe said:
Saw this on craislist buenos aires.

5L35J25Mc3K73Ja3Hcc19889adac8b45f1c60.jpg
5Fe5Jf5Mb3M53Le3N2c19817c5d2ce5401f7c.jpg

http://buenosaires.es.craigslist.org/spo/2791339965.html

My roommate bought one of these. Some guy comes to your place and sets it up.

I've used it and it's definitely worth the price & convenience. It's a little noisy, but I thought that if you got some silicon spray in the joints that that would kill the noise.

My roommate is about 6'4" and ~220lbs. (Maybe more) and I'm not anywhere close to that height (5'9") or weight (well under 180 lbs and dropping), so it can handle all sizes.

It's light and easy to push around if you have wood floors and want to move it from one room to another or into the corner and then back out of the corner when using it.

I'd highly recommend it.

I doesn't feel like a top of the line gym one by any means, but for the convenience of hopping on that thing and watching TV while getting 20mins to 30 mins of exercise any time you want it, it's perfect.

Suerte amigo

I sympathise with Davidglen and his weightgain as for me a similar thing happened and I gained 20 kilos as well from 79 kilos to 99 kilos in just 4 years . The food in Buenos Aires is laden with preservatives and fructose and the average porteño diet will make most fat .
I am not a believer in exercise for losing weight as the main instigator . The most important factor in weightloss is diet and diet alone. I am currently on a regimen of one large protein meal a day with low carbs and absolutely no fruit juices, soft drinks or any beverages other than water . I am aiming to lose 20 kilos in 10 weeks and will do as I am highly motivated.

The foods to definetely avoid are breads, pastas, or any wheat products, all fried foods, icecream, cheese, milk , and soft drinks . Base your diet on meat , green vegetables , small amount of rice and the weight will come off naturally . Also for me it is most important to avoid all caffeine products as they stimulate insulin levels and increase appetite especially for sweet carbohydrate laden foods .

I wish you luck!

perry said:
...I am not a believer in exercise for losing weight as the main instigator . The most important factor in weightloss is diet and diet alone. I am currently on a regimen of one large protein meal a day with low carbs and absolutely no fruit juices, soft drinks or any beverages other than water . I am aiming to lose 20 kilos in 10 weeks and will do as I am highly motivated.

The foods to defintely avoid are breads, pastas, or any wheat products, all fried foods, icecream, cheese, milk , and soft drinks . Base your diet on meat , green vegetables , small amount of rice and the weight will come off naturally . Also for me it is most important to avoid all caffeine products as they stimulate insulin levels and increase appetite especially for sweet carbohydrate laden foods .

I wish you luck!

Diet is more important than exercise for the weight (not for cario fitness though).

Re: Fruit Juice
-I heard a nutritionist on the radio once said-

"You should EAT your fruit, NOT DRINK IT."

Big protein filled breakfasts (lots of egg whites, just a few yolks), whole grains, and lots of water. Some fruit is good too.

A bit of protein and veggies for lunch.

Some fruit for a snack, maybe along with a hard boiled egg or two.

Then dinners of veggies and maybe not even any dead animal. Salads are great and for a dressing mix some balsamic vinegar/olive oil/dijon mustard plus a bit of salt & fresh ground pepper and then toss it in a boil before serving. Tossing it spreads the dressing so that you don't have to use as much.

If don't buy breads, you can't eat them. Buy fruit instead. You'll get some carbs, but you'll get lots of vitamins & some fiber too.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER ALL DAY!!!

Good luck. I'm in the process of losing about 3 to 5 kilos. Nothing major, but just slipping back into a lean machine. :D

Crystal Meth !!! , that'll get ya skinny ( and ugly ) fast !!!

Try oil pulling (google for more info). I brought back coconut oil which tastes great, but otherwise use untoasted sesame or sunflower, not olive oil. It's a blood detox plus cuts the appetite and helps teeth and gums. After oil pulling early morning, I don't feel like eating anything till gone noon.

Napoleon said:
My roommate bought one of these. Some guy comes to your place and sets it up.

I've used it and it's definitely worth the price & convenience. It's a little noisy, but I thought that if you got some silicon spray in the joints that that would kill the noise.

My roommate is about 6'4" and ~220lbs. (Maybe more) and I'm not anywhere close to that height (5'9") or weight (well under 180 lbs and dropping), so it can handle all sizes.

It's light and easy to push around if you have wood floors and want to move it from one room to another or into the corner and then back out of the corner when using it.

I'd highly recommend it.

I doesn't feel like a top of the line gym one by any means, but for the convenience of hopping on that thing and watching TV while getting 20mins to 30 mins of exercise any time you want it, it's perfect.

Suerte amigo
Can you post the information about where to buy this and have it delivered?
THANKS!

Back