Private personal trainer rates/fees?

joftoronto

Registered
Hi all. I haven't seen this topic addressed and I was wondering if anyone had experience with hiring a private personal trainer in Palermo area, (or anywhere else). I've made a couple of inquiries, but I haven't got a clear idea of what the actual rates that personal trainers charge here for say 1 hour three times per week. I'm willing to pay a slight premium for convenience and qualifications, but I don't want to pay over the top just because I'm from North America. If anyone has used a personal trainer at a local gym and has an idea of what the rates are that locals charge here, and would be reasonable compensation, I'd appreciate any information you may have. Thanks so much. Jay

Hi all. I haven't seen this topic addressed and I was wondering if anyone had experience with hiring a private personal trainer in Palermo area, (or anywhere else). I've made a couple of inquiries, but I haven't got a clear idea of what the actual rates that personal trainers charge here for say 1 hour three times per week. I'm willing to pay a slight premium for convenience and qualifications, but I don't want to pay over the top just because I'm from North America. If anyone has used a personal trainer at a local gym and has an idea of what the rates are that locals charge here, and would be reasonable compensation, I'd appreciate any information you may have. Thanks so much. Jay
Try María del Carmen Arguello. She recently finished second in the women's category of the Buenos Aires Marathon. She is exclusively a professional trainer working at Megatlon in Alto Palermo Shopping Center. I've known her for a long time. Top notch. Her number is: 11-6547-2003.

People rarely charge different rates because you are north american . The fees are for everyone as a personal trainer is only for the upper middle classes . There are huge variables for services depending on reputation and availability

People rarely charge different rates because you are north american . The fees are for everyone as a personal trainer is only for the upper middle classes . There are huge variables for services depending on reputation and availability
Ok. Thanks. Can someone give me a ballpark figure in either pesos per hour or dollars per hour? I understand there's a wide variability. But I just want to know if I'm in the right ballpark. Thanks. J

Try María del Carmen Arguello. She recently finished second in the women's category of the Buenos Aires Marathon. She is exclusively a professional trainer working at Megatlon in Alto Palermo Shopping Center. I've known her for a long time. Top notch. Her number is: 11-6547-2003.
Hi. thanks for the recommendation. Can you please let me know what her rate is per hour. Does she provide packages; 12 sessions for XXX?

I was working out with Ivan at SmartFit in Las Canitas. He was great but moved abroad. I was paying $US 5-6 per session. I was doing 5 days/week. BsAs is a heaven if you need any sort of coach. My tennis coach charges less than $10. Depending on what you need, for example not all can help with total body transformation, BsAs has them for a fraction of what it is in the US. A friend completed a $5000 TBT training for less than $400. I’m looking for one as well for when I arrive next week. It shouldn’t be more than $10 at all.

Until September I was paying a PT 16,000 Pesos per month for 2-3 sessions of an hour each per week at a gym in Colegiales. Despite what @perry writes, my PT decided to dollarize his fees in September, at a rate that would have been USD 30 / month. Special price for me ;) and I'm not even North American, he continued to charge local customers at his old Peso rate, so he got two fingers from me and lost 3 clients because of that.

In general, some gyms may have instructors you can contract as PTs, and some (but not all) allow you to bring your own. Actual formal relevant qualifications are rare, it's more like "I have a good body, how can you possibly not learn from me"? More than a few PTs make a show of offering dietary advice, at an extra cost, and again without any qualifications. In my experience anyone knowledgeable about their own body and metabolism should skip that.

Thank you both. That is very helpful. I found a website with BA personal trainers and they seem to charge between 3000 to 5000 for a one hour session so that seems in line with your experiences. I've had one PT contact me offering services but we have not discussed fees so I wanted to know in advance what he is reasonably expecting and not offering me rates that I would pay in Toronto because I am Canadian. So your information is very helpful. Thanks again.

Thank you both. That is very helpful. I found a website with BA personal trainers and they seem to charge between 3000 to 5000 for a one hour session so that seems in line with your experiences. I've had one PT contact me offering services but we have not discussed fees so I wanted to know in advance what he is reasonably expecting and not offering me rates that I would pay in Toronto because I am Canadian. So your information is very helpful. Thanks again.
Hi! Do you mind sharing the BsAs website that you found with the personal trainers? Thank you in advance! :)

Back