Emergencias Salud health plan

artisans

Registered
Anyone here have experience with an outfit called Emergencies Salud - Intelligent Health Plans?
Their contact flyer came in the same envelope as the electricity bill from EDESUR.
I checked their website and asked for a quotation. Received a phone call today with a high
pressure pitch of coverage for: emergencies, ambulances, plus doctor appointment in home visits, coverage for laboratory tests, appointments for various medical specialities. All for low cost, 3 month introductory special, no contract service. Introductory monthly prices $1,000 / $1500 pesos. Standard monthly becomes something like $2,880 / month depending the plan.
It was an impressive high energy, high pressure, provide your credit card over the phone pitch in rapid Castellano.

Having just spent the morning at Hospital Fernandez, burning up 4 hours waiting in a line of 40 people, first to get a number, then
waiting again in another line with that number for 3 hours to get an appointment in 10 days to draw blood for analysis. You might say
I was open to alternatives!

That is the company, as you can see in the upper left hand of the web page "Emergencias Salud". Do you have an opinion on them?
Not at this point. They appear to be an intermediate marketer. If I were you, I would ask them to send me their list of providers before taking the next step.

La asistencia de Emergencias concluirá en el momento que (a) el paciente fuera recibido por guardia en el centro de salud de traslado ...

It looks like this is an emergency medical transfer service. They can deliver you to a hospital of your choice. It is not clear whether they are any better than a regular free ambulance service.

It is a valid health provider not just ambulance service,but watch out their reviews are bad. Not many doctors, and poor services overall..!

Not at this point. They appear to be an intermediate marketer. If I were you, I would ask them to send me their list of providers before taking the next step.
Excellent suggestion to ask for providers. And to note Neil's comment - watch out! At least, based on their introductory three month pricing, it would be a relatively inexpensive experiment to put them to the test.

I've seen it around but I have no idea as to how good it is.

I have Emergencias. I pay about 1600 pesos/mo. I like it and it has saved me lots of money including on drug prescriptions (40% off). Xarelto cost me about $40 /mo here . It costs about $450/mo in the US.
Wow! music to the ears. Any commentary Julian63 on getting doctor appointments, scheduling standard exams.? What hospital you're tied to? Do they really show up for doctor appointments at your home? The monthly cost is impressively low.

Back