Ex asking for $600,000 ARS / $2150 usd as child support

If 180 extra dollars keeps the mother of your children happy that is pretty cheap. A happy mother should mean happier children and your bigness of spirit oughta reflect well on you in their eyes.

If 180 extra dollars keeps the mother of your children happy that is pretty cheap. A happy mother should mean happier children and your bigness of spirit oughta reflect well on you in their eyes.
Well nothing keeps her happy. Part of the issue is if I say ok to $2150 now it will $3150 in a year and $5000 before I know it.

I know what you mean, and you could totally demand invoices, rental contract registered with Afip, and all kinds of things to get her to justify these expenses, I am not sure what would be the best solution tbh.

It's simple, you can just say no. That's 650,000 pesos a month at the blue rate. It's a huge sum, especially outside CABA. This is meant to pay your portion of childcare expenses, not to subsidize her and the rest of her families lifestyle.

I'm going to go against the trend, and say the opposite of others here.

Harden your heart, lock your compassion in the bathroom and go to war. Demand justification of every cent. Fight her over every dime. Be as ruthless as a pirate, and have no sympathy for her because she has none for you. If only to back her off, get a lawyer and challenge her custody of the children. Challenge her fitness as a mother. Hire a PI to investigate her lifestyle. Put the fear of god in her.

Every dollar you can save by paying her less, put it away in an account under your control, to be used for your kids later, in a way you decide. This isn't you against the kids, it's you against her, for the sake of the kids.

Harden your heart, lock your compassion in the bathroom and go to war. Demand justification of every cent. Fight her over every dime. Be as ruthless as a pirate, and have no sympathy for her because she has none for you. If only to back her off, get a lawyer and challenge her custody of the children. Challenge her fitness as a mother. Hire a PI to investigate her lifestyle. Put the fear of god in her.

Every dollar you can save by paying her less, put it away in an account under your control, to be used for your kids later, in a way you decide. This isn't you against the kids, it's you against her, for the sake of the kids.
Kids will be in the middle of this war. Chances are she will not let the father visit, etc. In these cases unfortunately there is more at stake than money 😔

Kids will be in the middle of this war. Chances are she will not let the father visit, etc. In these cases unfortunately there is more at stake than money 😔
I have a lawyer already, and lucky for me the laws in Argentina are extremely favorable about these things (and what she is entitled to receive in child support). I think it’s more an issue of what is the best decision like morally for the kids etc and what can I live with. If she says she needs x y and z for the kids, and it’s true, ok. But I don’t want to be told she needs $180 for “rent” when she is just giving it to her mom, and she also has an independent obligation to work if she is going to have a full time nanny, pre-school etc

I know it all too well; that's how I grew up, in the middle of non-stop warfare between parents. But that's going to happen from here on out no matter what he does. His ex has declared war on his wallet.

I have a lawyer already, and lucky for me the laws in Argentina are extremely favorable about these things (and what she is entitled to receive in child support). I think it’s more an issue of what is the best decision like morally for the kids etc and what can I live with. If she says she needs x y and z for the kids, and it’s true, ok. But I don’t want to be told she needs $180 for “rent” when she is just giving it to her mom, and she also has an independent obligation to work if she is going to have a full time nanny, pre-school etc
Good, good, now you're talking sense!

I know it all too well; that's how I grew up, in the middle of non-stop warfare between parents. But that's going to happen from here on out no matter what he does. His ex has declared war on his wallet.
Right, this forum is like my damn public diary, at one point she was spending $4k a month. There’s just no end. So “doing what’s best for the kids” has no limiting principle for her.

100% agree. you need to put a stop to the bullshit. yes, you have responsibility but I would not let her take advantage of you.

Back