Ex asking for $600,000 ARS / $2150 usd as child support

If i read everything, why you don't make a contract? a contract for the next 16.5 years...
She gets $2150 per month with an index of x% per year. If i read your comment correct, The 2150$ isn't the problem. The future seems to be the problem, cause you have no idea what she will come up with next. Only way to avoid that, would make a long term contract till 2039, and make that legally binding.
If that wouldn't work, than it's a very very difficult situation, especially cause it involves 2 children...

I'm someone that believes not enough parents take financial (and emotional) responsibility for their children; I think we've all met deadbeat parents, I know I have (and my friends and family here say it's worse here in Argentina given the rampant poverty too) and I had to raise myself due to this, but with all do respect to Fiscal's ex, that's a fucking insane amount of money for child support, and it would keep an entire family, let alone 1 adult and two kids who live OUTSIDE of CABA/Patagonia way above the poverty line.

And while kids should never be used as pawns in these sorts of disagreements, I have a feeling they already are (i.e. Fiscal's ex telling them how evil he is, or cheap, or saying stuff like "Your father wants to go to court so he doesn't have to pay for anything!", etc.) and if she's already saying this shit you might as well actually deny her the ability to take a single centavo she isn't entitled to, because you're gonna be the bad guy either way.

Also, there's many problems I have with the Argentina "justice" system, but one of the good things here is the right of children to know their parents/have them involved in their lives beyond financial support. She can try to prevent Fiscal from seeing them, but a court can force her to adhere to a visitation regime often more forcefully than in the US.

Finally, I would follow other peoples' advice, demand receipts for everything, document everything, build a giant papertrail and digitize it. If she can't justify expenses and won't relent then use the tools you have at your disposal turn up the heat on her and her mom. She's paying 55K/month in rent for a house she owns to her mom? Ok, denounce her mother to AFIP for not registering the contract and then her for fraud if the deed to the home is fully or partially in her name. Watch how quick that will have to change to expenses for things which must be documented like electricity or repairs, not adding a second story. She's spending 250K a month on food? Your kids better be getting Don Julio flown to them for lunch, because there's no way that is accurate. That is 4 adult meals a day delivered by Rappi, every day, for a month in CABA. Where is the money going? AFIP and the UIF would probably like to know too and they take denunicas from concerned citizens.

If you don't feed her appetite will grow stronger and will eclipse the kids' especially when they really need the money when they're teens or going to university. I'm not sure if it's possible, but you could talk to your lawyer about petitioning the court for an accountant and/or trustee to ensure the money is actually being spent on the children, not random stuff for her like trips to the spa or booze.

You guys have way too much faith in local justice. I have seen first hand many cases that involve children, expats, etc and I have yet to see a happy ending. Sorry to sound cryptic, I think Fiscal have to try and negotiate something that makes sense, and somehow keep a more or less friendly and civil relationship with the mother of his children, for the kids well being. Keep it amicable. Justice here is easily manipulated, especially in a small town. Police, social workers, etc too.

Here is her list, with her using 280 as the exhange rate:

Niñiera $195
Limpieza $60
Viandas $67
Monta $56
Inglés $20
Remis $18
Médicos y remedios $37
Auto mantenimiento $37
Nafta $78
Regalos de cumpleaños $37
Gas $75
Luz $76
Alquiler $180
Mercadería $800
Internet $10
Ropa $75
Libros y Jugetes $45
Jardinera $18
Prod. de limpieza y fumigación $40
Obra social $114
Comida mascotas $70
4 salidas por mes $75
Impuestos (TGI) $15

If you can afford it, pay it and forget it. It's better to have a good relationship in the long run. She will always be in your life, she is your kids mother, and if you must think of the money think of it as an investment in your kids well being and happiness and your future happiness.

BUT you definitely want a contract.

I side with Redpossum on this one. Go to war for sure. How much custody have you agreed upon?

A private investigator is a wonderful idea as well. This very steep lifestyle estimate seems too far-fetched (how much is your therapist making again?).

Cleaning and viandas, and fumigation with extra cleaning, and groceries minus viandas, and premium surcharge for the pets' groceries--some of this needs some proper line item analysis.

Is the niiñera the rent-collecting mother too? Job hunting taking too much time?

Go to war.

After careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that your only course of action to avoid being wrung out completely and left to dry is to petition the court to appoint a legal guardian to handle your legal and financial affairs.

Either that or you've pulled off a classic troll job and are having a hearty laugh at our expense right about now.l

It's pretty clear she is taking advantage of you.

I sympathize with the thought of "if you can afford it, just pay it as it will cause less stress" ...but on the other hand if she sees you as a pushover this will never stop. She will demand more and more.

I think you need to negotiate a bit.

It's pretty clear she is taking advantage of you.

I sympathize with the thought of "if you can afford it, just pay it as it will cause less stress" ...but on the other hand if she sees you as a pushover this will never stop. She will demand more and more.

I think you need to negotiate a bit.
Right, I mean if there is one thing I learned from my years with her, it was that giving her and her family everything they wanted was never enough, and would never satiate them.

Back