Extension of stay and visa rounds

I am new in Buenos Aires and I am on a tourist visa (soft. developer with remote options). I would like to stay more. I do not want to go through the "Student Visa" option and what I would like to ask is, what if I stay 3 months and extend for 3 months and then exit and enter again;

1) Is it easy to extend the second 3 months for another 3 months inside Argentina?

Yes, it is easy to get the 90 day extension (at least it should be until the next pandemic).

2) If I apply for citizenship after 2 years by doing this, will the time I have spent (entering and exiting included) count against 2 years?

Based on many posts by Bajo_cero2, the answer is yes, but he has repeatedly advised "us" to overstay and not exit and enter again every 90 days to maintian the illusion of staying "legal" as far as migraciones is concerned.

It's a lot "safer" to overstay than make visa "rounds" (aka vias runs).

The chances of being deported because of an overstay are far less than being denied reentry after a few 90 day visa runs.

Argentina requires people who are working in Argentina to be paid in Pesos. NOT USD.
While this is customary, I doubt that the Constitution says that you can become a citizen only if you are paid in pesos.

i think someone. implied that you can _start_ the process for the rentista visa (but not finish) and then immediately begin the citizenship process. The rentista gives you the abilty to stay without visa runs and the citizenship process will conclude when you're legally eligible.

If the OP is generating income on line and not from passve investments, there is no basis for the visa rentista to be granted.

Based on a recent post, even if "coinist" was given a 90 day precaria while the application was being reviewed, migraciones would most likely issue deportation order as son as the aplication was rejected.

If I understand correctly, a ceritificado de domocilio must be submitted with the other required docs fot the visa rentista.

Obviously, that means that migraciones will know exactly where to deliver the deportation order...

The physical presence in argentina is not your biggest problem. showing a legal means of supporting yourself is. That should be your first concern now.
Bajo_Cero2 has repeately posted that an "honest means of living" is what must be demonstrated to the court's satisfaction and he recently posted that most of the judges now accept income earned on line (en negro).

Yea, a way i've imagined can solve some of these probelms could be a to create a trust with you as the beneficiary and have that trust pre-funding and set to pay you out the minimal req for the rentista visa. Fund it with 24,000 USD to release 2000 USD every month. Or what ever the minimums are.

This accomplishes 2 goals. 1. Provides migraciones a clear picture of how much money you'll get each month 2. Doesn't rely on you reporting your work each month limiting legal and tax liability with Argentine.

Yes, it is easy to get the 90 day extension (at least it should be until the next pandemic).

Based on many posts by Bajo_cero2, the answer is yes, but he has repeatedly advised "us" to overstay and not exit and enter again every 90 days to maintian the illusion of staying "legal" as far as migraciones is concerned.

It's a lot "safer" to overstay than make visa "rounds" (aka vias runs).

The chances of being deported because of an overstay are far less than being denied reentry after a few 90 day visa runs.
Great help thank you, Steve. Thank you all.

When should I apply for the first 3 months extension? I have been in BsAs for a week now and I just want to do it asap so I can plan things better (renting, spending, etc.) It says 60 days to 10 days before expiration? or can I request it now?

When should I apply for the first 3 months extension? I have been in BsAs for a week now and I just want to do it asap so I can plan things better (renting, spending, etc.) It says 60 days to 10 days before expiration? or can I request it now?

Temporay residents with a one year "visa" can ask for the extension (prorroga de permanencia) of one year up to 60 days prior to the expiration date.

Tourists can ask for the 90 day/three month extension (prorroga de permanencia) of their entry permit (aka tourist visa) no more than ten days prior to the expiration date.

Unless the rules have "recently" changed, if you miss the expiration date you can still get the 90 day extension up to 30 days after the expiration, but it will cost 50% more.

Thanks again Steve, I will do more research on the internet like 2 months later and I will update here if the rules have changed when I got it.

1. If you want to live here just do it.
2. If you want to go after citizenship you can do it now or to wait the 2 years.
3. The advantage of applying in advance is to have time to avoid judges who are never going to grand you citizenship.

.Unless the rules have "recently" changed, if you miss the expiration date you can still get the 90 day extension up to 30 days after the expiration, but it will cost 50% more.
And I believe the same goes for the renewal of the one year temporary residency...

Back