Extension of stay and visa rounds

1. If you want to live here just do it.
2. If you want to go after citizenship you can do it now or to wait the 2 years.
3. The advantage of applying in advance is to have time to avoid judges who are never going to grand you citizenship.
About 3rd, I do not know any other way of "applying in advance" other than "rentista" (and I think I will need 2000 USD passive income which I do not have right now). I am a remote software dev. and maybe I can find a job here in BsAs and continue with that.

About 3rd, I do not know any other way of "applying in advance" other than "rentista" (and I think I will need 2000 USD passive income which I do not have right now). I am a remote software dev. and maybe I can find a job here in BsAs and continue with that.
You can apply for citizenship with passport, birth certificate, DNI, CI or 2 witnesess.
You can apply without the 2 years because the 2 years are for getting the letter of citizenship.

Is the visa extension tasa still at 600 pesos argentinos or it is updated?
It took me less than a minute to enter the words "extension of tourist visa" in the search box of this site (not google) to get the latest information by a member of this forum who actually had recent experience getting the extension:

The fee in late February was $4000 pesos

Last edited:
It took me less than a minute to enter the words "extension of tourist visa"in the search box of this site (not google) to get the latest informatioin by a member of this forum who actually had recent experience getting the extension:

I didn't know the forum has a search bar. Thank you :)

I didn't know the forum has a search bar. Thank you :)
No he meant that you might want to search on google ;)
Also everything is on the migraciones website. I invite you to go check it out.

After six months straight, how much time you should stay away before entering again to Argentina? Thanks in advance
There is no rule per se. I would say 3 months.I would suggest just doing a visa run. You said you have 2 nationalities. Why don't you just enter on a diff passport? Do the visa run at say day 80 and when you return they would give you a stamp for another 90 days -- worst case they count the days left and give you only 10 at which point. you go to migraciones and ask for en extension .

No he meant that you might want to search on google ;)
Also everything is on the migraciones website. I invite you to go check it out.
The most of the info on Google and Migraciones website is inaccurate and outdated. As I told you yesterday, I prefer to read people's experiences rather than official websites as you might hear: "Seek advice from someone who had a similar experience, and don't ask the doctor" ;)

The most of the info on Google and Migraciones website is inaccurate and outdated. As I told you yesterday, I prefer to read people's experiences rather than official websites. "Seek advice from someone who had a similar experience, and don't ask the doctor" ;)
migraciones website info is NOT outdate. Give me an example?

Back