Crimea is a cancerous RED cell of the Ukraine, should be extirpated and the Ukraine become part of the EU . Ten years from now will see who won the Crimean s or the Ukrainians.
No, I do not fall in either camp. I have no camp and I have no loyalty or allegiance to any nation just because I was born in that nation. I call it the way I see it on a case by case basis.1. Either you are a jingoistic North American who is looking to justify illegal US actions by having other countries (Russia) legitimate them by doing the same thing. or 2. You are looking to offset US wrongs with Russian wrongs.
No, I haven't thrown this out but the reality is that international law, like most laws, have no real teeth for the players who are above it, especially for the countries that participate in making or forming of the laws. I also think it would be naive to believe that this particular situation could be resolved by talking. This should be looked upon as being an attack against Russia. The brazenness of the West is unsettling and was calculated to occur during the Sochi Games. I'm sure Putin took all of this into account before making his move and surmised that swift action was the best response.what you have completely thrown out is international law. The fact is that while the problems you correctly pointed out are quite acute, there are established channels for dealing with Nato's unlawful interference that do not involve invading the territory of a sovereign country.
Only if she can find ships that won't sink in at anchor in Bahía Blanca.After whats happened in the Crimea, i`m suspecting CFK is hatching a plan to secretly ship a few thousand Argentines to the falklands. Setup a gazebo, call a referendum (Spanish only mind), balot papers that have two options, the Malvinas are either 1/ Argentine or 2/ independant. Get a 97% vote in favour of being Argentine , the other 3% were confused locals walking past and went over to see what the kerfuffle was. Job done, Falklands declared Argentine, then shoot anyone who thinks otherwise.
One can argue that Kiev was once a capital of Russia, so what?In pre-Soviet times, Dnepropetrovsk used to be named Yekaterinoslav, after Catherine the great.