Falklands In Light Of Crimea Rhetoric

The West is engaged in a dangerous game of brinkmanship with the Russian bear. The cold war never really ended. What's happening in the Ukraine is clearly a case of the West being the aggressor and engineering a regime change in a country that is vitally important to Russia and squarely in her sphere of influence - not to mention that it sits on her border.

(...edit...)

Russia is completely justified in her actions. How would the US feel were Russia to engineer a regime change in Canada, Mexico or Puerto Rico and install a new leader who was buddy buddy with the Kremlin. And to top it all off, this is not the first time in recent memory that something similar has occurred. In 2008, Georgian forces attacked Russian posts in South Ossetia, a move that had NATO's fingerprints all over it. Even now, NATO is in discussions with Georgia for it to be granted membership.
(above quote edited for brevity)

Very well said! You're absolutely right this whole mess is purely the West's doing. We have the recording of the phone call between Vickie Nuland and the US ambassador to Ukraine, in which she lays out exactly how the next government will be constituted, from Yats on down, and then says "f*** the EU". We have the recording of the phone call between Shady Ashton and the Lithuanian PM, in which she was informed that the snipers were working for the opposition, and shot both cops and protestors simply to destabilize the situation. Ashton then said, "gosh, we really need to look into that", and calmly moved on to the next item of conversation. You can tell she already knew. We have testimony that Blackwater is involved in gunfights in the streets of Kharkiv right now, today.

This whole crisis was totally manufactured by the usual players, CIA, MI6, Mossad. Same in Venezuela. Same in Syria. Nicaragua. El Salvador. Chile. Same pattern all the way back to the 1953 coup in Iran.

looking at the results it would seem that the 42% of non "ethnic Russians" either want to join Russia or just didn't bother voting.

I feel sorry for former Hearts Manager Angel Chervenkov. Just what league will FC Sevastopol play in!

yeah heartbreaking... aren't you more worried about what league the jambos will play in next season?

Then there's this:

Putin llamó a Cristina y resaltó su postura contra el "doble estándar" de potencias

Not_20140325_733973.jpg

Vladdy's really scraping the bottom of the sovereignty barrel now.

Why am I still taken aback when the bitch illustrates her seemingly irresistible urge to swim against the tide.
I mean, there's political opportunism and there's just plain wrong footed.
Also, I can't make out if she hates Great Britain....read English Pirates...or she simply loves us somewhere down there in that dark heart.
She could of course expand her horizons with a state visit to our friend in Zimbabwe.

Why am I still taken aback when the bitch illustrates her seemingly irresistible urge to swim against the tide.
I mean, there's political opportunism and there's just plain wrong footed.
Also, I can't make out if she hates Great Britain....read English Pirates...or she simply loves us somewhere down there in that dark heart.
She could of course expand her horizons with a state visit to our friend in Zimbabwe.

There is no plan or "model" of any sort. She's simply making it up as she goes along.

When I watched recent news in NHK, saw PM of UK, David Cameron very agitated and shouting: Let expell Russia from our G8 nation status, let expell Russia indefinetely..I was chuckling, couldn't help but later to explode in laughter. Putin does not give a hoot if being delegated down to the G20 nation ranks to same level as China or India. The EU is already dependent of more than 30+ % economy reliant and or dependency from with Russia. The UK has massive financial dependence with the Rusky as well.

What is EU trying to accomplish by going against Putin.? Nothing..But their combined ego has been hurt by Russias defiance. If they only knew who this Putin dude really is, then must to think twice before keep antagonising the situation. I can imagine Putin's nihilistic smile and enjoying the west disparate charade in unison with Obama...Remembering, Putin's plea for the west's G7 heads to come for the inauguration of Sochi winter olympic game, the west + Obama, embarrased Putin by not attending his invitation. What was the excuse? Russia not respecting human rights? But, they all went to the opening of Bei-Jing's ceremony..
Does china endorse human rights? ha,ha,haa, World politics at its best..!

Back