Farewell Buenos Aires

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Surely you can get good food, but the overall quality of the standard stuff is IMHO better here.[/background]

This is beyond hilarious, it's surrreal. (says one who spends a lot of time in italy)

So, someone joins just to say he's leaving? Sounds like a bad guest to me, even if he is Welsh. You're letting the side down boyo!

Just to add a big thanks to Gringoboy for a great video.....I'm still laughing :D

Since you lived in both places, would you say that the Argentine version of Italian food is very close tot he real deal?
The Argentine "Version" has nothing to do with Italian food. It's tastless.

The women in Argentina are more beautiful??? Than where? I take it there's an implicit "don't dis AR" rule for this site, but I think we should be frank. Opinions are opinions, nothing more, and I personally think it interesting to read what others think, whether what they say is positive or negative. So I'm going that route. Back to the women: I don't think they're beautiful by any means -- too many crummy dye jobs, too much skin damage due to sun exposure and smoking, and they dress terribly. They're certainly not more beautiful than those in Barcelona, where I've spent some time.

I take it there's an implicit "don't dis AR" rule for this site

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Just rolled off my couch laughing at this, while spitting out the freshly-squeezed OJ I was drinking

I think that Jeanne Davis and I have been reading completely different forums, because the BAexpats that I know and love.... well, a "don't dis argentina" rule would have basically invalidated something like 95% of all conversations on the site hahahahaha

Dude this is sooooo funny. It's so funny when you see people right next to you, while you two are really existing in completely different universes.

(I try to be positive and now I feel bad for the traffic thread that I just started hahaha! I really didn't mean anything too negative by it: I was just stuck in 3 massive traffic jams for the last 3 days consecutively!!!)

morgan

So HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA aside, what about my point, Morgan? Women more beautiful? Than where? (Hope the OJ stains come out.)

So HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA aside, what about my point, Morgan? Women more beautiful? Than where? (Hope the OJ stains come out.)

Jeanne, the "women are more beautiful than XYZ" argument is usually used by people who WANT to find something positive about Argentina and end up with superficial things like that. Don't get me wrong, women here are smoking hot, but so are women all over the world. What can I say, women are just beautiful people!

PS: I see that you don't agree that women here are beautiful and that's fine. Except you will get lynched from limb to limb by some here for saying that.

something argies do better than ities,corruption,according to TI.Italy is ranked 72,points score 42;Arg 102,points 35.As for pizza well what is it,nowt special
like empanadas.when you ask for a meat pie in blighty thats what you get not meat pulped up with boiled egg!!! jesus talk about young chicken!!suppose
londonistaners will be doing the same comparison on who does the best curry,which is a much superior dish to pizza or empanadas any day of the week
wherever it's knocked up.not in BA though.Beautiful women are in he eye of the beholder and how much failing down liquid one has slurped down makes a
difference.

Hey Jeanne,

There are so many people on this forum who are super smart and worldly experienced, that they have wise and intelligible and consistent opinions on so many issues. They are the ones who feel confident enough in their judgments to strongly declare these sorts of comparisons. I'm not nearly as smart or experienced as all these other guys to have an opinion even worth typing out :)

The things that I do feel confident pontificating on are very useful subject matters like ancient Roman history, but it doesn't seem to come up much here. I wonder why ;)

morgan

Back