Fibertel & Throttling. Is It Just Me?

We have the same RP, with the 30mb Evo service.
Limited amount of access via the webpage.
Another example of dumbing down afik.

You can reset the Motorola Surfboard modem to factory defaults and then get back into it, but I have not been brave enough to try that yet.

My problem is that they seem to be blocking some of my VPN connections. For example, TunnelBear which I had been using for years no longer works.

You can reset the Motorola Surfboard modem to factory defaults and then get back into it, but I have not been brave enough to try that yet.

My problem is that they seem to be blocking some of my VPN connections. For example, TunnelBear which I had been using for years no longer works.

That's what started my fiddling. I found this page which explains how-to but I'm not brave enough to do it yet.

Yeah, we've got the SBG6580 Motorola and I'm not brave enough either.

Hey Guys,

Anyone figure out a workaround for the VPN blocks? I have Fibertel, but when I use my VPN the speed drops dramatically. I switch to another VPN and it works for a while at full throttle, then it seems that Fibertel somehow blocks it and the speed slows to a crawl.

Is there are way to work around this or get Fibertel to stop blocking these connections. I need to move stuff for work and I cant handle 100MB files taking 20 min to transfer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anybody have a free VPN recommendation that you use (just for research as I don't really download anything with a VPN)? I use the anonymoX plugin for Firefox to do research in the US, but it is awfully slow. What are the options you might have and that give the best results?

Anybody have a free VPN recommendation that you use (just for research as I don't really download anything with a VPN)? I use the anonymoX plugin for Firefox to do research in the US, but it is awfully slow. What are the options you might have and that give the best results?

No.

But I'm very happy with my 30 dollars a year account with Hotspot Shield which I can use on all my phones computers and tablets. Good UI on IOS and lets me watch BBC programs as well as US. Speed is iffy sometimes but I'm happy, and for 8 cents a day, it's not that far from free.

I'm using https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ for $40/year. Their setup is great because they give you a list of servers to connect to: US (7 areas), UK, Germany, France, Canada, Sweden and more.

Hey Guys,

Anyone figure out a workaround for the VPN blocks? I have Fibertel, but when I use my VPN the speed drops dramatically. I switch to another VPN and it works for a while at full throttle, then it seems that Fibertel somehow blocks it and the speed slows to a crawl.

Is there are way to work around this or get Fibertel to stop blocking these connections. I need to move stuff for work and I cant handle 100MB files taking 20 min to transfer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure if it's Fibertel slowing down the connection or the VPN itself. Try running speedtest.net to a server in the same area as the VPN server and see what speed you get. Then, connect the VPN and run the test again. (Be sure not to test to a server in Argentina as you'll get results that are not realistic.) With Fibertel Evolution I have been pretty happy with speed even with a VPN.

It's nothing like the advertised speed. I went for the evolution package (30 mb/s elegedly). It's nothing like that.

Back