Fibertel & Throttling. Is It Just Me?

It's nothing like the advertised speed. I went for the evolution package (30 mb/s elegedly). It's nothing like that.

It is 30 Mb/s... in Argentina, during the daytime. :) Try it when everyone is home from work, and it's much slower. Or, try to a US server and it slows a lot. Still, it's the best residential service here and been pretty reliable and stable for me.

Any updates on this - I have fibertel and I'm also convinced they throttle. When downloading a torrent the speed goes from 2mb to 200kb then back to 2mb and back to 200kb constantly. Annoying as hell - any explanations or something that can be done?

Any updates on this - I have fibertel and I'm also convinced they throttle. When downloading a torrent the speed goes from 2mb to 200kb then back to 2mb and back to 200kb constantly. Annoying as hell - any explanations or something that can be done?
I use Nord vpn ..they have specific p2p servers for torrenting. This solves the problem.

We had Telefonica, which was bought up by Movistar. We've been paying for 10/mbps package for years. Just ran some speed tests and we're lucky if we get over 1.5/mbps. We called and the operator checked it out and agreed that it was going way slower than it should. We requested a technician come out to inspect - they told us there'd be somebody here the next day.

Never showed.

We spent an entire week trying to get back on the phone but everytime we called they said it was being "worked on". An automated questionnaire would also call the house several times a day to see if the problem was resolved - we always chose "NOPE". Finally, we chose "YES" it's been resolved just so we could talk to an actual person when we called again.

Same thing happened "Oh yeah... it's really slow there. We'll send someone out." It's been over a week with no technician and not even the phone calls to see if it's working.

We'll be switching service providers this coming week. I saw someone mention Fibertel is the best for hogares, while others mention they throttle like a Nascar driver. Any current recommendations?

I've done my share of complaining about Internet here, Heaven (and everyone else) knows. Three months at one time without Internet and unable to do a thing about it. Yelling didn't even help. That was Arnet. I changed to Fibertel many months ago and have been completely happy ever since. No problems with downloads at all. Sometime the computer balks and then I always notice too many things open on my desktop. When I shut stuff down, then it all works well.

I know I'm not offering any real help--except that you now at least know that it isn't happening to everyone. Good luck. I know how awful it can be!

My Fibertel technician confessed that he had Arnet himself - much better, in his expert opinion. I switched five years ago, and have had no problems. Sometimes it depends on the area - one or the other has better service in individual neighborhoods. Just my two cents....

Don't have any hard data to demonstrate, but iTunes downloads are typically much slower for me than torrents or other. That was with a fibertel corporate account.

I've been with Fibertel for about three months now and have been really happy with it.

The 100MB package actually delivers 100MB/S consistently, which I've never had with internet providers in Europe.

I work from home so am online most of the day, and I can only recall about two hours downtime in the last three months.

Back