Fibertel

Speaking of which, my wireless Fibertel was cut off. My whole neighborhood has been effected. Has anyone received promo text messages from
Personal about their groundbreaking new 4G service?

Speaking of which, my wireless Fibertel was cut off. My whole neighborhood has been effected. Has anyone received promo text messages from
Personal about their groundbreaking new 4G service?

Does fibertel actually provide blanket wifi service? I've seen their hot spots at restaurants and Starbucks but have never heard of a wireless option for neighborhoods. How's the coverage. I'm surprised that they can get a 2.4ghz with enough penetration for that to be useful. Do you just connect to a wifi network or do you need some sort of physical decoder. Is there a line of sight component?

I-plan seems to have the best service.

http://iplan.com.ar/wps/portal/site/pymes/servicios/internet/

This place? do you use it? How much does it cost? Hate the bullshit where places never tell you prices.

Chiming in here for a fibertel moan :(

We're paying 600 ish for a 10 meg (I think?) connection. It was reasonable until maybe 3 months ago (~3 meg speeds, no dropouts), but it has been gradually disimproving since. Now it cuts several times a day (not sure about the speed, but I assume it's the same).

When it started to give trouble we upped our arnet (dsl) speed to (iirc) 6 megs - since then it's become our stable internet, and actually it's been really good, far better than I'd expected.

We'll probably be cutting fibertel altogether when we get home - jury's out on that one at the moment.

To those quoting >10mb/s speeds from speedtest.net - select a server *outside* argentina when doing the test, then you'll get your *real* speed (fibertel don't throttle the local servers, hence the high speeds reported)

I insist, i plan is the best option here.

Fibertel doesn t give you the same speed to upload than to download, i plan does.

As we're on a related topic: has anyone tried arnet's vdsl2 offering?

Edit: link http://altasvelocidades.arnet.com.ar/

Thanks for the link to the speed test! I got 8.16 for download and 1.40 for upload, I have Fibertel too.
Today I moved apartments, just settling in as we speak, and here I also have Fibertel, however I just tried it and it is sloooow! Did the same test and download was 0.96 and upload 0.19... That is pretty bad! I will buy a cable tomorrow so I can plug directly into the modem but it is weird that is so much worse here, when it is the same company and I only moved five blocks.

Today I moved apartments, just settling in as we speak, and here I also have Fibertel, however I just tried it and it is sloooow! Did the same test and download was 0.96 and upload 0.19... That is pretty bad! I will buy a cable tomorrow so I can plug directly into the modem but it is weird that is so much worse here, when it is the same company and I only moved five blocks.

Did you contract Fibertel or is it a furnished apartment with internet contracted by owner? If so, perhaps they lied about what internet package they have on the rental agreement?

Back