Food Not To Miss While In Argentina

I guess they are from Rome, then. It took me a while to figure out it was "ar cacao" (cocoa flavored), it really sounded Japanese to my ears.

http://www.arkakao.com.ar/quienes-somos.php

"ARKAKAÓ es la evolución de la marca Italiana KAKAÓ un espacio gourmet que nació hace algunos años atrás en la ciudad de Aosta, al norte de Torino, Italia"

http://www.arkakao.c...ienes-somos.php

"ARKAKAÓ es la evolución de la marca Italiana KAKAÓ un espacio gourmet que nació hace algunos años atrás en la ciudad de Aosta, al norte de Torino, Italia"

Thanks! I saw in a picture that they use Venchi chocolate. Venchi has opened in the last year a few ice cream shops throughout Italy, both in historical centers (Venice, Turin, etc.) and in major hubs (airports, Milan raiway station, etc.).
Venchi ice cream comes in very few selected flavors, mostly chocolate (white, black, dark, milk) or chocolate-based (gianduia, with hazelnuts, etc.) and are AWESOME!
I hope I'll get the chance to visit ARKAKAÓ. Could be a good location for a forum get together!

I like guiso de lentejas, ice cream, and I actually really like supremas de pollo (fried) - I have it a couple of times a month and it is the only meat I still eat. I like tartas, puré de calabaza, different kinds of vegetable tortillas...

I like guiso de lentejas, ice cream, and I actually really like supremas de pollo (fried) - I have it a couple of times a month and it is the only meat I still eat. I like tartas, puré de calabaza, different kinds of vegetable tortillas...

But where do you find lutefisk?

To me another thing you cannot miss is fresh patagonian lamb cooked a las brasas over an open fire. Very good stuff if you like lamb. Another that I have really enjoyed is the trout when I was down in the south/San Martin de los Andes/Bariloche. Some of the best trout I've ever had a restaurant, nice and fresh. I also tried some great dear and some good boar as well, all very fresh and excellent.

The problem is the paper thin meat that gets fried in old and stale oil, leaving you with nothing to eat but charred bread crumbs. A good quality meat, with decent bread crumbs that is baked instead of fried is not too bad. Add tomato sauce and cheese and it's almost chicken parmigiana.

Try my mother-in-law's and you would change your opinion. The key is the right kind of bread crumbs that do not soak up too much grease, a ton of chopped garlic and parsley on the milanesa (and I mean a ton and it takes a long time to do), and then also patting them down with a paper towel before serving so they will be nice and dry. Really excellent and I have learned how to make them (although it never comes out quite like hers, probably because I do not use her carnicero).

To me another thing you cannot miss is fresh patagonian lamb cooked a las brasas over an open fire. Very good stuff if you like lamb. Another that I have really enjoyed is the trout when I was down in the south/San Martin de los Andes/Bariloche. Some of the best trout I've ever had a restaurant, nice and fresh. I also tried some great dear and some good boar as well, all very fresh and excellent.

I'd add patagonian goat to that.

Back