Food prices are amongst the highest of the planet

I just noticed that I misspelled Milanesa and wanted to say that before switching to roast beef early this year (when I switched from keto to carnavor)....
For those who may not be familiar with the terms, switching from keto to carnivor (with an i not an e) meant dropping all fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, grains, legumes, and anything derived from rhe processing of plant material from my diet....with the exception of coffee.

The jury was out on extra virgin olive oil until the price rose from five dollars a liter to more than twenty dollars for the Argentine brand Laur (which I liked the.most).

Last edited:
I just noticed that I misspelled Milanesa and wanted to say that before switching to roast beef early this year (when I switched from keto to carnavor) that, on a daily basis, I was preparing beef "cuadril" that was cut for the preparation of Milanesa. I simply cooked it in the beef tallow on the "stove top" plancha, but It wasn't very flavorful.

After experimentating with several other cuts of beef, I decided to use roast beef as my usual, mid-day selection. I brown both sides well, cover the meat with an inverted saucepan, reduce the heat, and continue cooking until it is "done" enough to be hot through to the center (but still far too rare for any Argentine that I know to ever be willing to eat).

I know that most everyone reading this will not be able to imagine eating such a restricted diet and eating the same thing at almost the same time eveyday, but I can say that I am very surprised how satisfying it has become.

I can say that I am never "very" hungry. Yes, í crave dark chocolate occasionally, but I haven't had any since December of 2021...and not consumed any candy, cookies, crackers, pastries, bread, rice, or pasta since June 2019. I did eat some oatmeal with dried cranberries during the first months of the plandemic, but I stopped eating both when I started keto in 2021.

The bottom line is that my daily food costs are now about seven dollars.
Bacon/pancitaAhumada n eggs breakfast.
Smoked Salmon ,,, seafood ,,,,, I would imagine difficult to find where you are.

They say lamb exist down there ,,,,, is it true? None here in CF.

Aside question ,,, what is the deal with lobster? Only some petrified 10 years disgusting specimens in the barrio chino Freezers. And the same in Brazil, Chile, etc etc

Last edited:
Marbled Roast beef is my favorite cut since about 3 years ago I switched.
Tenderness is draw of the luck ,,, when you get a tough one ,,, nothing you can do. One cannot predict or guess the toughness from the color. But the flavor of the roast beef is my favorite.

Last edited:
Marbled Roast beef is my favorite cut since about 3 years ago I switched.
Tenderness is draw of the luck ,,, when you get a tough one ,,, nothing you can do. One cannot predict or guess the toughness from the color. But the flavor of the roast beef is my favorite.
Where can one find (red) Roast beef slices for a sandwich, no marble ..!

Bacon/pancitaAhumada n eggs breakfast.
Smoked Salmon ,,, seafood ,,,,, I would imagine difficult to find where you are.

They say lamb exist down there ,,,,, is it true? None here in CF.

Aside question ,,, what is the deal with lobster? Only some petrified 10 years disgusting specimens in the barrio chino Freezers. And the same in Brazil, Chile, etc etc
I am in the US right now, will be back next month- so I cant say for absolute sure, but, recently, I have seen lamb at Corte, Piaf, and Converso, and Jose El Carnicero, the new parilla by the owners of La Carniceria and Nino Gordo cooks a whole lamb on the fire in the window every day. In fact, Pedro cooks a pig, a lamb, and a side of beef there every day they are open, and the complimentary empanadas are often lamb.
So lamb is there- its just that its expensive, compared to ordinary beef, and not every carniceria will stock it.

This graph shows clearly the destrucción of peoples earnings since 2023. Costs of percentage of average wage are the highest in the western world. If you look at the graph service costs are now a whopping 38 percent of a average wage More than triplicating in us dollars 2023 rates.

ARGENTINA en dic-23
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 453.54
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 48.67
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 10.73%
ARGENTINA HOY
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 384.84
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 148.42
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 38.57%

BRASIL
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 416.22
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 69.40
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 16.67%

PROMEDIO MUNDIAL
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 2885.62
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 193.55
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 6.71%

USA
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 4486.13
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 206.93
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 4.61%
CHINA
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 962.52
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 52.90
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 5.50%
ESPAÑA
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 1993.54
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 149.61
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 7.50%
ALEMANIA
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 3917.38
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 336.15
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 8.58%
ISRAEL
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 2651.57
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 227.27
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 8.57%
AUSTRALIA
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 3814.19
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 205.71
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 5.39%
JAPON
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 2374.04
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 176.29
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 7.43%

Fuente: https://es.numbeo.com/coste-de-vida/iniciar-página

Last edited:
This graph shows clearly the destrucción of peoples earnings since 2023. Costs of percentage of average wage are the highest in the western world. If you look at the graph service costs are now a whopping 38 percent of a average wage More than triplicating in us dollars 2023 rates.

ARGENTINA en dic-23
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 453.54
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 48.67
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 10.73%
ARGENTINA HOY
INGRESOS EN DOLARES: 384.84
GASTO EN SERVICIOS: 148.42
SERVICIOS EN % DEL INGRESO: 38.57%

Fuente: https://es.numbeo.com/coste-de-vida/iniciar-página
My ingressos in dollars has not changed since December of 2023. I have $800 USD pee month available. I would have to do some research to calculate what my monthly costs in pesos were in December of 2023, but I am sure they haven't more than doubled since then.

My current monthly costs of services (gas, water, electricity, Internet, phone, garbage collection and street maintainence) are $80 USD and the total is almost exactly 10% of my income, which is less than $50.000 pesos over three minimum salaries that are now $254.000.

Last edited:
My current monthly costs of services (gas, water, electricity, Internet, phone, garbage collection and street maintainence) are $80 USD and the total is almost exactly 10% of my income, which is less than $50.000 pesos over three minimum salaries that are now $254.000.
PS: At the current WU rate, my SS income is actually $22.000 less than three minimum monthly salaries.

I am not sure why the "graph" Perry quoted shows monthly ingresos of $453.54USD in January of 2023 and only $384.84 now.

Have the average ingresos actually decreased that much in the past nine months? If it has, that would explain the increase ln monthly percentage of costs of services from 10.73% to 58.37%, and that would be a brutal burden to bear.

Back