Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

Is there a delay between when the transactions are made/posted and the MEP rate reflects? I have a few charges on my US MasterCard which seem to be at the official rate. For example, a Tienda Leon ride that cost 10,500 pesos shows up as about $51 on my credit statement. Similar things for some purchases I made at a bar.

Is there a delay between when the transactions are made/posted and the MEP rate reflects? I have a few charges on my US MasterCard which seem to be at the official rate. For example, a Tienda Leon ride that cost 10,500 pesos shows up as about $51 on my credit statement. Similar things for some purchases I made at a bar.
Just wait 3-4 days.

Pending at 132 usd settled today 75 usd so it was 336 ars on the dollar.
You meant perhaps.. Pending charge at 132 pesos or USD official rate. Settled today at 75 USD so 25500/75 =US 336 pesos per dollar rate....?

Last edited:
I'm wondering about using my credit card down here, and if others have experience doing so over the long term? What I'm a little worried about it that if I use my Canadian credit card regularly in Argie for an extended period of time (say 1 year), is there a chance the card could be cancelled because I'm not technically a BC resident anymore? Or are they not concerned as long as you pay up?

I'm wondering about using my credit card down here, and if others have experience doing so over the long term? What I'm a little worried about it that if I use my Canadian credit card regularly in Argie for an extended period of time (say 1 year), is there a chance the card could be cancelled because I'm not technically a BC resident anymore? Or are they not concerned as long as you pay up?
Just pay your bills, banks aren't worried about this sort of thing

I’d imagine citizenship reigns supreme over residency. In any case, an active customer is unlikely to be cut off

they definitely won't care if they are charging you foreign transaction fees :) make sure your card doesn't

Varies from country to country and bank to bank .If you keep the BC address you are ok. Bank of America in LA mentioned, If one has a US address the Credit card would not be cancelled . Otherwise depends on the country of residence.

Last edited:
Back