Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

Has this happened to you before? Where the charges have ostensibly finished posting but then get adjusted a few days later?
At the end of January, transactions started working like MC. It stayed in pending state for 3-4 days with the "official" rate. Before that it settled right away at the MEP rate.

Good to know, thanks -- I have MC as well so glad our experiences are consistent.
Does it work with American Express? I live in Sydney and will go to visit my family, trying to find out what credit card I can use there. Thank you

Does it work with American Express? I live in Sydney and will go to visit my family, trying to find out what credit card I can use there. Thank you
No. As far as I know, it only works for Visa and Mastercard. One further tip...bring a Visa or Mastercard debit/credit that charges no fees on overseas transactions. Most will charge a further 3% on foreign exchange. Several banks in Australia now offer cards with no fees on overseas transactions. Also, Visa is quite transparent on the rate it charges on ARS: https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html. In my experience using an Australian-issued Visa debit card, the rate published here is exactly what you get charged on your account.

Back