Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

AMEX was never part of the original scheme. not sure if/when they will implement it

I presume people are getting the VISA rate with ATM withdrawals?
My card has worked with debit transactions, but I haven't used an ATM yet. I see no reason why this wouldn't e the same.... BUT, this IS Argentina.

my visa CC is still posting at the official rate. I did two test purchases over the weekend (in person) and both posted at the official. I'll see if maybe I'm issued a refund or it will stand.

my visa CC is still posting at the official rate. I did two test purchases over the weekend (in person) and both posted at the official. I'll see if maybe I'm issued a refund or it will stand.
UK MasterCard still sending me "refunds" to make up the difference about 4 days after transaction. Got a bunch today and yesterday.

Is your transaction in a "pending" state or is it final? I found that it's the official rate but after several days it becomes finalized at MEP. I did a few charges over the weekend and they're still "pending"

UK MasterCard still sending me "refunds" to make up the difference about 4 days after transaction. Got a bunch today and yesterday.
Would you mind describing the ATM withdrawal process? Like, which Argentinian bank, was it a debit or credit card, which type of account did you withdraw from (e.g Link ATMs give you 3 options once you select withdrawal: current, savings, and credit), and how much?

TIA!

So it seems Visa is transparent on their rates...
https://www.visa.com.ar/soporte/consumer/viajes/tipo-de-cambio-english.html (apologies if this link has been posted already)
And as has been noted, you can check your actual Visa rate in real time here: https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html
I've now done this with 3 purchases and the amount charged to my Visa debit card (in my case in AUD) is correct to the cent. Each appeared on my online bank statement immediately. Must admit I was pleasantly surprised.

My question is which gives the better rate - Visa or Mastercard - or are they identical? Given that Mastercard operates differently to Visa applying refunds after some days, has anyone compared the rates for both? I'm inclined to just use Visa as it's instant and transparent, unless Mastercard is giving a demonstrably best rate after refunding? Appreciate any and all insight!

Is your transaction in a "pending" state or is it final? I found that it's the official rate but after several days it becomes finalized at MEP. I did a few charges over the weekend and they're still "pending"
they are now posted final. I will keep checking though to see if any refund or adjustment comes

Back