Foreigners Cannot Buy Travel In Pesos??

If hotels count, how about restaurants, or bars? Or what about bars/restaurants inside hotels?

From what I understand it relates to "concepto 235 Viajes Y Turismo"

It's a BCRA designated code for activity. Not sure any further breakdown is available online.

As shooting itself in the foot is a habit of this government, dolar blue is at 9.62 now, up 32 cents from yesterday.

Sounds to me like more capital flight is what they want to achieve, not stop. Even CFK and her minions can't be this stupid.

I wonder what "viajes" extends to.... Air travel, ferries for sure. Internal bus travel, rental cars?

Yup! When you get on the colectivo next, tourist/permatourists will have to pay in dollars...All colectiveros are now paid double the salary as they also work for AFIP.

EDIT:

:p (lest someone think I'm serious).

The majority of foreign tourists are Brasilians and Chilenos - how will they react when tourism in Argentina becomes more expensive?

As shooting itself in the foot is the habit of this government, dolar blue is at 9.62 now, up 32 cents from yesterday.

Sounds to me like more capital flight is what they want to achieve, not stop. Even CFK and her minions can't be this stupid.
Was going to exchange some money yesterday and was told to wait by an Argentine. I reluctantly agreed. Thought to myself, "WTF does this guy know." Ha Ha, owe an apology and confirms the idea, "every Argentine is an economist." These people cut their teeth on government BS and intuitively know when crap is coming.

Back