Foreigners (Tourists & Non-Res) Cannot Use Ars For Travel

It doesn t affect residents of Argentina. In fact it affects only to illegals.

This new rules is for you guys custom made.

Don't forget actual tourists who come here for 3 months or less- just to travel! (although i guess it's consider 'illegal' to change their dollars with cuevas).

Has inflation on many products as well as hostel and transport prices not jumped in the past year to match the blue? If even actual tourists have to pay at the official rate converted back into their own currency, traveling in Argentina is suddenly not a very good price-to-value ratio.

Dublin2BuenosAires, I'm guessing, is from Ireland. John.St., I remember reading (maybe I'm wrong), is from Denmark. I think Dublin2BuenosAires is legally allowed to be in Denmark indefinitely since they're both EU countries. Right?

Dublin2BuenosAires, I'm guessing, is from Ireland. John.St., I remember reading (maybe I'm wrong), is from Denmark. I think Dublin2BuenosAires is legally allowed to be in Denmark indefinitely since they're both EU countries. Right?
Absolutely. A Union citizen can stay forever in another union country - and some do - just register with the authorities.

Besides, if Argentina gets too tiresome, I just move to Chile, where I have lived before, and where I am very welcome.

I am here as a tourist, i.e. less than 6 months a year. I do come yearly and felt that it could be good to get my DNI. Pay in pesos for travel, get a bank account, get credit cards, pay taxes on my worldwide income and assets……ooops…..taxes not so good. Taxes here are very high compared to what I pay in the US and certainly don't make up the savings if I were to become a resident. I do support Argentina by paying my property taxes and ABL and of course VAT on purchases. This leads to my question - Do all of you who have a DNI (residents) pay your income and world wide asset taxes? Maybe an anonymous poll would be more appropriate for this question :=)

Since when do non-Argentines have to pay taxes on income/assets outside of Argentina?

I saw on Christmass at Galerías Pacífico how foreign tourist has to pay in cash in Usd.

But that makes no sense! Won't they lose business from tourists more 'in-the-know' if they demand to see ID before letting somebody pay in pesos? Wouldn't it hurt business? Or maybe they are saying 'you must pay in USD because you are foreigner' and then keeping the USD for themselves? So so weird.

Thanks. I am not aware of what the actual "legal" take is. I was only asking if it is illegal or not knowing that Argentina does not have illegal immigrants

People cannot be illegal, some action a are, like working without residency.

People cannot be illegal, some action a are, like working without residency.

Working online for a foreign company? Working freelance for clients in your home country or other countries? Are you familiar with these rules/situations?

Back