Forget Palermo - What are the Best Barrios for expats?

solerboy said:
The Barrio of Recoleta finishes at Ave. Cordoba, so this apartment would have been in Recoleta had it been on the Recoleta side of Cordoba.

Barrio Norte doesnt exist as a Barrio. Its like when people in London say "The West End"

Many people don't even know the official boundary lines of the neighborhoods. Also, different entities and different people use different boundaries. I go by the city. If you ever have any doubts, you can just plug in the address and it will come up on the city's official page and it has a lot of information on the building, etc.

http://mapa.buenosaires.gob.ar/

Caballito. It´s tranquil, safe, girls are hot, food is good and normally priced (not like reco and palermo), plenty of stuff to do, good transportation.

I guess the obvious answer to the OP question is what barrios are tpically best for certain demographics. If I was single or in a childless couple, young(er) and looking for fun and stylish living I'd be in Recoleta, Palermo, San Telmo or Puero Madero. If I'm a family with kids looking for a house, garden, pool, proximity to good schools etc then other barrios like Belgrano, Nunez, Olivos, Villa Crespo, Caballito have to appeal. Horses for courses...great to see so many more options than Palermo mentioned in this thread - the expat community is infiltrating the city!!

braytrain said:
Caballito. It´s tranquil, safe, girls are hot, food is good and normally priced (not like reco and palermo), plenty of stuff to do, good transportation.

Think the girls might be hot in every barrio in this city :D

Back