General Advice Solicitation For A First-Timer

If I were to provide a specific answer, I would say: (...)

Thank you kindly for your response. I was away a couple days and was delighted upon checking the forum that you and others would submit suggestions for me. Again, many thanks. :)

Sex with the locals? Yes. Every single one of them. Starting with Ceviche.

tivlaski. Hi, Many thanks for taking the time to answer my question.and glad to hear that you feel a kinship with Cortazar and that you're not just coming because it's an inexpensive "time out" from the rat race.When you're here,please drop around to the Coffee Chats .Joe was a regular and we miss him.Ceviche ? I don't know.From what I hear he says he already has enough friends and can't be bothered.Posting threads is O.K. but there's still really no substitute for human face to face communication.Looking forward to meeting any and all posters at future Coffee Chats.

Under which country's law?

So Ruibilar, I usually value what you say on this forum..but for this ones..lets agree to disagree. i think you are drunk!

P.S : - The other solution I offer is to buy a real ticket on orbitz, cheaptickets or expedia on the date of travel and as soon you are checked in, just call up to cancel using their "24 hours, No questions asked free cancellation 100% refund' . This is 100% legal (well?!) but just requires some more time and use of phone at the airport. And there are usually long queues at customer care call centre of all these three sites.

The second option is legal.

Under argentina's law. This the punishment for using fake id's. Don't ask me for double check exactly how many years in jail in my vacations. In fact, now i m on my way to get drunk at DownJones Bar at Barcelona.

In fact, it is easier to defend someone with a fake passpirt than with a fake ticket, because the second is obvious you made it.

I already got about 17 non guilty sentences with fake passports and visas.

Funny part of all this is, that nowhere is written anything that you need return ticket. I even asked on Argentinian embassy, and they said no. When I appeared on airport, girl asked, where is my visa. Surprise, surprise, you can't board, if you can't present one... I showed "confirmation" mail (sent from friends email) on purchased ticket and they let me on the plane. She just printed boarding pass, and didn't write any data from my phone.

If in Argentina anyone would complicate, I would of course said, that it's first time I heard something like this. KLM, British and air France never asked for return ticket, only alitalia and iberia. Problem is, that they are carrying cost if you are rejected. You all know, what chance is for that here.

So I don't think, anyone can put you in jail, because you came in the country, that do not demand visa or return ticket. Also non of the airliners presented any info, except classic jibrish that you need papers in order.

8 years you probably get, if you kidnap a plane as well as present fake return ticket...

Funny not, legal, i m an attorney at law and i work with illegal immigration, victims of internatiobal trafficking of immigrants and stuff like that.
If you are stupid enough to show a fake ticket to an immigration agent, he might be nice and just deport you or he can let you in and send you to a federal facility.
You don't know, but they can ask whatever they want to double check that you are not a fake tourist.
In fact, there is only one agent at ezeiza that seems to wear an AR flag under his shirt and he has deported many people, some expats among them.
So, if you are under pressure, then you show your fake ticket and he is not stupid...and guess what?
If you are going to lie, do it well.

We are discussing the harsssment faced at the time of checking in at our home countries at the airline check in counter.

No one is discussing argentine immigration counter at ezeiza

We are discussing the harsssment faced at the time of checking in at our home countries at the airline check in counter.

No one is discussing argentine immigration countet at ezeiza

Law is worst there. If you show to be nervous, they might double check it.

Back