General Advice Solicitation For A First-Timer

Exactly this I was saying. The only person you show fake ticket is employee, which doesn't allow you to board the plane. Later, if immigration ask you, normally you won't show it, because you are enough screwed already, without forged document. But chance is minimal, and most what can happen is that they put you on next flight back.

And yes, it is funny, that someone has to show ticket to Uruguay, for which no one can force him to use it. Is stupid system, which allow certain airlines to try to sell you return ticket.. And as I said, I always flew from the same airport, with the same passport but different airlines. 3 never asked me, 2 always...

Only once have I ever been asked for proof of a return ticket, when flying from Seattle to Santiago; I had purchased an r/t in Santiago because of a family emergency, but already had a return ticket from SCL to LAX or SFO. Neither the Argentines nor the Chileans have ever asked me for a return ticket, but I did not have proof of my SCL-LAX ticket with me at the time, so the American Airlines check-in lackey didn't want to let me board. I asked to see a supervisor and we quickly settled the issue with no further problem.

Exactly this I was saying. The only person you show fake ticket is employee, which doesn't allow you to board the plane. Later, if immigration ask you, normally you won't show it, because you are enough screwed already, without forged document. But chance is minimal, and most what can happen is that they put you on next flight back.

And yes, it is funny, that someone has to show ticket to Uruguay, for which no one can force him to use it. Is stupid system, which allow certain airlines to try to sell you return ticket.. And as I said, I always flew from the same airport, with the same passport but different airlines. 3 never asked me, 2 always...

Wrong, once you are rejected, you don't choose what you show. The low risk is only in your dreams. Why to take risk when you can do it properly in the legal grey zone without any risk?

Risk : 8 years in jail.

Why they would put you in jail for 8 years, if they could just sell you ticket to Uruguay. You want to convince me, that Argentina is so ridiculous country? That they will put you in jail, because of danger you will overstay permitted period? I saw video of the guy waving gun who never so prison for that..

And you always choose, what you will show, now you are exaggerating a bit.

A) Read the criminal code.
B ) i just explained you the legal consequenses, they don't have to like you.
C) you are free to take the risk.

Since you know more, this I'm sure, you can tell me, if anytime happened, that someone came here (legally, since there is no visa required) and they put him to jail because he didn't have ticket out? I came number of times from the same country without return ticket and no one asked me for it at departure nor here. How they can know, you presented fake one to the girl 12000km away? What airline person told me is, that they put you on next flight back on airline company expense. However, she didn't know, why the company or anyone else don't inform you about policy,which is applied only by 2 companies in eu..

Anyway, now I have dni so I don't bother, but still would like to understand the procedure.

Immigration agents in most countries are given wide latitude. If you are a tourist from a developed country that's probably going to spend lotsa money then they won't ask any questions. But if you come in wearing rags with a Congolian passport then they will. Discriminatory? Profiling? Yes, but that is the way it works. Those are the people that get asked for a return ticket at immigration.

Immigration agents in most countries are given wide latitude. If you are a tourist from a developed country that's probably going to spend lotsa money then they won't ask any questions. But if you come in wearing rags with a Congolian passport then they will. Discriminatory? Profiling? Yes, but that is the way it works. Those are the people that get asked for a return ticket at immigration.

Mostly true. But there are countless stories from the "well dressed" Americans with the most amazing American passport, on this forum, who were also asked the same.

And the "well" dressed" Americans from this forum seem to be overstaying the most here, than my fellow countrymen. What a irony.

Mostly true. But there are countless stories from the "well dressed" Americans with the most amazing American passport, on this forum, who were also asked the same.
I've been asked by airline checkin clerks numerous times for my return ticket - because they want to sell me a useless ticket. But having gone through immigration at least 100 times total in about 25 countries, I've never been asked for a return ticket at immigration.

I've been asked by airline checkin clerks numerous times for my return ticket - because they want to sell me a useless ticket. But having gone through immigration at least 100 times total in about 25 countries, I've never been asked for a return ticket at immigration.

Though from Congo, I have never been asked for return ticket at immigration either.

I agree, this return ticket business is a big scam as far as I am concerned . The person who wants to overstay will overstay...no matter what!!

Reactions: Joe
Back