Get your pots out for the lads!

Raymond said:
No country is an island, not even countries that are islands, let alone 4th largest countries..
That country doesn´t exist in the civilised world

Right. Can you make a connection between this protest and the US? I'm talking proof, not some looney conspiracy theory or a general meaningless statement like "no country is an island!" crap.

Some people here are as erratic as CFK. Do us all a favor and stick to a subject.

Same thing happened in 2001. The cacerolazos are tentative at first. Next time, there might be enough people in the streets to stop traffic at Cabildo and Juramento for an hour or so. And it will continue from there until one night they all end up taking a little walk downtown. Then things get really interesting. I hope it can be avoided. I hope she listens to this tremor. She probably won't. Christina and Co. are "all in".

Gringoboy said:
This is a small tremor.
A sign.
The people are biding their time.
I'm no revolutionary, but I do see discomfort, anxiety and disquiet.

Yup. Agree with you. It's a matter of whose back is broken first under this burden. Whether its the peaceful protesters or the ones who will wreak havoc on the streets. I hope it's the former and not the latter, but we'll see what happens.

nicoenarg said:
Right. Can you make a connection between this protest and the US? I'm talking proof, not some looney conspiracy theory or a general meaningless statement like "no country is an island!" crap.

Some people here are as erratic as CFK. Do us all a favor and stick to a subject.
You need a cup of tea and a lie down.

Raymond said:
You need a cup of tea and a lie down.

I have a feeling you're not known for being a wise person nor for being able to hold a dialog. "I don't agree with you, why don't you disappear?"

Classy!

Thanks for telling me I'm wasting my time assuming you have anything real to add to this thread.

GS_Dirtboy said:
I can now say I participated in my first protest. Pretty darn fun. Need a new pot now, though.

Protesting here is great fun. I went to one of the anti-crime Blumberg protests and also to the famous March 2008 protest in Plaza de Mayo, the one where D'Elia and his thugs came out and kicked us all out of the plaza. He had to go to court later for bloodying one of the protesters, but it all came to nothing.

They actually interviewed me for a few seconds on one of the news channels because I'm a big guy and I look like I might be from the campo I guess. I tried to simulate being an Argentine guy as much as I could, but I don't know how successful it was. Hahaha.

BienTeVeo said:
Same thing happened in 2001. The cacerolazos are tentative at first. Next time, there might be enough people in the streets to stop traffic at Cabildo and Juramento for an hour or so. And it will continue from there until one night they all end up taking a little walk downtown. Then things get really interesting. I hope it can be avoided. I hope she listens to this tremor. She probably won't. Christina and Co. are "all in".

el_expatriado said:
Protesting here is great fun. I went to one of the anti-crime Blumberg protests and also to the famous March 2008 protest in Plaza de Mayo, the one where D'Elia and his thugs came out and kicked us all out of the plaza. He had to go to court later for bloodying one of the protesters, but it all came to nothing.

They actually interviewed me for a few seconds on one of the news channels because I'm a big guy and I look like I might be from the campo I guess. I tried to simulate being an Argentine guy as much as I could, but I don't know how successful it was. Hahaha.

This is much more 2008 than 2001. Cristina still has over 50% of the country in her purse. In 2008 she had a favorability rating of ~28%. Remember, she''s still a grieving widow... who dances in the streets of Africa begging for oil from a country that partners with Repsol to extract their oil. :eek:

The stink will get worse, but Cristina's not going anywhere unless she wants too. She has backing in the House (diputados) & the Senate, plus over half the country. AND, her thugs are much more violent and fearless than the people of Barrio Norte, Palermo, y Belgrano.

As long as she can keep hoarding dollars and paying government wages, she'll be fine. But seeing as diplomats around the globe aren't being paid on time anymore and are being told not to spend money on travel and basically on doing their jobs, perhaps the day is coming where all of the payoffs will start drying up.

THEN we will start seeing some unrest. But until then, it's all a big show.

nicoenarg said:
I have a feeling you're not known for being a wise person nor for being able to hold a dialog. "I don't agree with you, why don't you disappear?"

Classy!

Thanks for telling me I'm wasting my time assuming you have anything real to add to this thread.

Wow your class is obviously in your ass, two comments and two personal slights, nice stats.
"I don't agree with you, why don't you disappear?" Sounds like something Menin might have said. I may be a wiseass but appearingly wiser than you.
Also, it was not a stretch to involve the northern americas into this thread when your country is pegged to the dollar.
I never said you were wasting your time, don´t worry about mine.

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

Attachments

• dont-feed-the-troll.jpg
    dont-feed-the-troll.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 8
Back