Girlfriends Wanted (As A Friend Who Is A Girl) :p

lovelydan

Registered
Although I've been here for a few months, I still don't have that much of girlfriends to do girly things with... (as time goes by, you will realise, that argentinian girls do not let you in their friendship circle that easily - they are friends with girls they have been friends with forever)
Anyway, The best friend I have had here so far was an expat as well (that i actually met throught this forum)... ... but sadly, she left Argentina on december :(
Well, I guess it would be nice to get to know some other expats on the same situation... there are still a lot of things I'd like to do, and places I'd like to check out over here, like bars, clubs and restaurants... I mean, since she's gone, I've been doing a lot of those things on my own, and i really don't mind, but I'm starting to feel like a Weirdo when in a bar guys give me that look when i tell them "I on my own. I came on my own, and i'm drinking on my own" ... and in such a machist country like Argentina, I always ended up explaining myself: " I do have friends, but they happen to be in another country" ... by the way: guys, this is NOT the best way to approach a girl you are trying to flert with... just saying! :p

So, in case someone out there is also looking to get to know new people, and maybe make some new friends, or haging out just for the sake of it... don't be shy and let me know... maybe we can grab a coffee (or a beer) one of these days! I'm always up for an early drink and a nice chat . I also enjoy roaming around, taking pictures of the city....

:)

Cheers!

Hey !!

I arrived almost 3 weeks ago now in BA. I don't have many friends yet here but I feel like it could be nice to meet expats.
I'm living in Palermo and working everyday from 9.30am to 6pm so maybe we could catch up someday ?
I'm French but I can speak english and spanish :)

looking forward to hearing from you !!

See ya !

BsAs is the best place to meet your girls or your guys. As a gringo, you can not use the same approach you used to apply. Do not tell the girls how many friends you have in US, that's none of their business. Sometimes, you just act like a gringo, that will get you some attention. I do not meet many people in US, but I met people here by the store windows, Spanish classes,stores, clubs, dance class, cooking class, you name it, I am like a f*king diplomat, and I do not speak much Spanish and do not work here. When you meet your first local girl or guy, do you take her to a nice dinner that she never has been to, a nice shocking place for her? or movie or dance club or a nice trip to tigre, do you take her shopping on Santa Fe for some cheezy regalos ? That will get you the first girlfriend, then you will know more and more. If you are older, I found out there are tons of older lonely women who really need some man, they usually hang out as a group, you just need to expand your dimension and think out of the box, pretty soon you have to choose between the nice chicas.
It's a great place, treasure it and use it. Sorry for being blunt.

BsAs is the best place to meet your girls or your guys. As a gringo, you can not use the same approach you used to apply. Do not tell the girls how many friends you have in US, that's none of their business. Sometimes, you just act like a gringo, that will get you some attention. I do not meet many people in US, but I met people here by the store windows, Spanish classes,stores, clubs, dance class, cooking class, you name it, I am like a f*king diplomat, and I do not speak much Spanish and do not work here. When you meet your first local girl or guy, do you take her to a nice dinner that she never has been to, a nice shocking place for her? or movie or dance club or a nice trip to tigre, do you take her shopping on Santa Fe for some cheezy regalos ? That will get you the first girlfriend, then you will know more and more. If you are older, I found out there are tons of older lonely women who really need some man, they usually hang out as a group, you just need to expand your dimension and think out of the box, pretty soon you have to choose between the nice chicas.
Sounds like youre a man with a plan. milf hunter extraordinaire.

Sounds like youre a man with a plan. milf hunter extraordinaire.
I am just talking about it in general, milf or young or guy friends. If you know one argie really well, you will know her/his other 20 friends.
One thing different in BA is that, whether you are rich or not, whoever you hang out with, whether she is a doctor or professor or a single mother, gringos are always expected to take care of the bills, that is the minimum you have to do.

loved yr post bro

thanks

Hey! I am living and working in San Isidro and just got here a few weeks ago so I am in the same boat. I would love to meet up with you and anyone else interested!

Back