Girlfriends Wanted (As A Friend Who Is A Girl) :p

This pretty much works here ...

Dollarbill_zpsb88043b7.jpg

Many gringo friends asked me :" I am old and fat, do I have a chance ?" Yes you do, just the fact you speak English or other language is already an interest to her. Argies are interested in other cultures, especially US or Europe. With some attention to her and a little bit sense of humor, you will find yourself a nice chica who is 20 years younger than you. Many local chicas are tired of the deceiving lies from their young good looking novios, who are dime a dozen here in BsAs. You can really make a difference and score some points, and live like a (small) king in BsAs. With the current blue rate, you do not have to be a king to live like a king, have a good time here, and worry about your dinero when you are back to the States. That's why you live here, not in Silicon Valley. In Silicon Valley, if you are a CEO and look like a movie star, you still get fat chics.

Have your flirted with your Spanish teacher or Salsa instructor, have you flirted with the hot waitress always brings you medio-luna every morning, have you had a drink at a local club with a chica who is from Mendoza, have you participated other group activities, have you struck a conversation with any attractive woman you met at the market or in the city ? If.you do, do not be afraid to ask her out, If someone has a conversation with you for 5 minutes, you have a chance, be a brave gringo, you have nothing to lose by asking. Nobody is going to remember that she turned down a gringo at Saturday Recoleta market, on the contrary, they feel flattered usually.

Hey :) I am a 19-year-old girl from Germany who has just arrived in Buenos Aires 4 weeks ago. If you are still interested I would really like to meet up some day and have a coffee somewhere to get to know each other.

So,,,,,, to be clear,as I'm a little slow. the club and dragging her to your cave doesn't work anymore???and if so since when??? I had no idea there were alternatives!!!!!
Any advise is welcome even bad advise

Many thanks in advance!! :D

Many gringo friends asked me :" I am old and fat, do I have a chance ?" Yes you do, just the fact you speak English or other language is already an interest to her. Argies are interested in other cultures, especially US or Europe. With some attention to her and a little bit sense of humor, you will find yourself a nice chica who is 20 years younger than you. Many local chicas are tired of the deceiving lies from their young good looking novios, who are dime a dozen here in BsAs. You can really make a difference and score some points, and live like a (small) king in BsAs. With the current blue rate, you do not have to be a king to live like a king, have a good time here, and worry about your dinero when you are back to the States. That's why you live here, not in Silicon Valley. In Silicon Valley, if you are a CEO and look like a movie star, you still get fat chics.

Have your flirted with your Spanish teacher or Salsa instructor, have you flirted with the hot waitress always brings you medio-luna every morning, have you had a drink at a local club with a chica who is from Mendoza, have you participated other group activities, have you struck a conversation with any attractive woman you met at the market or in the city ? If.you do, do not be afraid to ask her out, If someone has a conversation with you for 5 minutes, you have a chance, be a brave gringo, you have nothing to lose by asking. Nobody is going to remember that she turned down a gringo at Saturday Recoleta market, on the contrary, they feel flattered usually.

First off I'm not sure if you were joking with "the gringo is always expected to pay" bit, but Ive found quite the opposite. In fact, when I had my first asado, the argies were fighting with me because I didnt want to charge them (didnt know that its pretty customary to have everyone split the cost when you have friends over), since that's how we do it in the states, given that your friends will most likely have you over for dinner.

And second, maybe my problem has been that I was trying to get someone my age. But based on your advice, I'll have to start giving some more attention to the 10 year old consortium.

But seriously, I'm not saying I'm a natural Don Juan, but it's really a bit exaggerated when EVERYONE tells you "all you have to do is speak english and the girls will come flocking". Not to mention the original poster doesn't seem to be trying to pick up chicks at the bar haha

Although I've been here for a few months, I still don't have that much of girlfriends to do girly things with... (as time goes by, you will realise, that argentinian girls do not let you in their friendship circle that easily - they are friends with girls they have been friends with forever)
Anyway, The best friend I have had here so far was an expat as well (that i actually met throught this forum)... ... but sadly, she left Argentina on december :(
Well, I guess it would be nice to get to know some other expats on the same situation... there are still a lot of things I'd like to do, and places I'd like to check out over here, like bars, clubs and restaurants... I mean, since she's gone, I've been doing a lot of those things on my own, and i really don't mind, but I'm starting to feel like a Weirdo when in a bar guys give me that look when i tell them "I on my own. I came on my own, and i'm drinking on my own" ... and in such a machist country like Argentina, I always ended up explaining myself: " I do have friends, but they happen to be in another country" ... by the way: guys, this is NOT the best way to approach a girl you are trying to flert with... just saying! :p

So, in case someone out there is also looking to get to know new people, and maybe make some new friends, or haging out just for the sake of it... don't be shy and let me know... maybe we can grab a coffee (or a beer) one of these days! I'm always up for an early drink and a nice chat . I also enjoy roaming around, taking pictures of the city....

:)

Cheers!

It's true that many portenas don't open their girl group up to newcomers, but sometimes the "coffee" thing gets boring. I hear many of my friends say they went to dinner the other night with fulana. Argentines love to dine and go out at night. If you don't have luck finding friends to do "girly" things with, widen your horizen and try making some gay friends. I have several and some of them even enjoy doing girly things, other don't. Plus, they don't bitch and wine about their problems their cheating husbands or boyfriends.

Also new in town & unexpectedly scored an apartment all to myself - which is awesome, but also kind of lonely. So yes, please, I would love to meet up with some fellow chicas (or gay guys, or dudes) for a drink, food, bike ride, whatever.

Somebody out there put a happy hour together.... for men and women!!!.....ladies we can be on our best behavior..... lets have a few beers or some vino together..... I am in mar del plata but be glad to come to the crazy city for a few pints anytime!!! :D

Somebody out there put a happy hour together.... for men and women!!!.....ladies we can be on our best behavior..... lets have a few beers or some vino together..... I am in mar del plata but be glad to come to the crazy city for a few pints anytime!!! :D

What day do you prefer trekking out here?

Back