Going To Chinatown Tomorrow - What Should I Buy???

A chance to meet the famous joe? I'm in china town at the moment and will be for a few hours, shoot me a pm if you want to grab some lunch.

I was at Casa Chinaon Sunday (1/6). They didn't have canned black beans or refried beans.

A Nipponese acquaintance there in Bs As told me of a fish called, Dorado.. ? How does this fish tastes ? Sushi quality or frying-broiled?

I think it's the local name for Mahi-mahi. When I've been to Costa Rica, we caught 2 of them and they tasted grilled very good. Mild, not too fishy and a medium-firm texture. Haven't eaten sushi from it yet.

I still havent been but Ive had many friends tell me to go to a place called Hong Kong Style to eat.

A chance to meet the famous joe? I'm in china town at the moment and will be for a few hours, shoot me a pm if you want to grab some lunch.
Sorry I missed you. I didn't go today because people said everything is closed. I think I'll try for later in the week.

You can get live oysters and mussels. Fresh Crabs, sea smails, clams.

I suggest to buy korean tofu at korea town. It is more expensive but taste a lot better.

A Nipponese acquaintance there in Bs As told me of a fish called, Dorado.. ? How does this fish tastes ? Sushi quality or frying-broiled?

Dorado has dry meat. Best is to cook it at parrilla. It is against the law to sell it at pescaderías.
You can try it at the end of the high way to Tigre, on the left you have a good fish cantina (good food at a no fancy place).

You cannot eat raw, it gets rotten too fast.

Surubi (giant catfish) is great but the meat has a lot of fat. This is not bad for health but you have to cook it at parrilla.

Pacu's meat is great (it is like a big piranha). The best is to cook it with chimichurri a la parrilla.

If you are in Rosario, go to parrilla Escauriza, they do the fishing, it is súper fresh and it is not expensive.

Back