Good News For Anyone Receiving International Packages!

steveinbsas

Registered
http://www.diariodecuyo.com.ar/home/new_noticia.php?noticia_id=706428

In English by Google translations:

BUENOS AIRES Under the current tax cycle of the Professional Council of Economic Sciences of CABA, the AFIP, Alberto Abad, gave a story that will make them more practical life to those accustomed to shopping arriving from outside: no longer have to go to Customs to find the parcels.

According to the official announced the delivery of the goods will return to "door to door" made.

'We will redeploy the courrier to avoid those infamous lines of people. People who want to buy a book for someone who is studying or who wants to read a good book, you have to spend two hours near the port, then make a VEP 'he said sharply, though not announced dates or conditions the implementation.

In early 2013, to prevent leakage of dollars, the government had decided to restrict the purchase of products through websites abroad. With the RG 3579, which will be without effect, the AFIP established that each person could only make two purchases in the calendar year.

In addition, at the time it was completed with the delivery service 'door to door', which forced to withdraw parcels from Customs upon presentation of the 4550 form and payment of VEP, if necessary.

PS: The date and conditions of the implementation of the new policy have yet to be announced.

Looks like normal service is being resumed, which is good news.
Who's going to be the first to order that SSD or iPod from Amazon?

Who's going to be the first to order that SSD or iPod from Amazon?

I'm willing to bet there will still be a limit on the value of items that can be sent door to door without being subject to the import tax...and a trip to the aduana.

Is it already safe to have a card shipped here? Like in a credit /debit card? My mail service usually re-ship my mail in bulk using a large envelope, and last time it was held in custom. They found only paper (checks, mails) but I still had to pay a small fee and waste invest half a day in Retiro for collection.

I had my passport sent DHL even during the cepo and it arrived at my door.

No No no what about all the poor retailers who won't be able to charge ridiculous prices for low quality products !!

Kind of a 'shit or get off the pot' situation as far as I see it. If they want to compete with the 1st world they have to stop thinking like the 3rd world.

Much of the laughable stuff that is available to national consumers (and I'm excluding possibly some actually decent products that go directly to export) is exactly right "ridiculous prices for low quality products" ! So really; if they even want to be considered, they will have to step up their entire way of doing business. The mindset has to change. Also, the consumer needs to change how he/she spends on the cheap products flooding the market. I think that a lot of the crappy goods are actually coming from China (and not the good Chinese crap... the left over, referbed, out-of-production surplus, damaged and irregular, bottom of the barrel crap) .

I actually have hope for PyMES here. Apart from wine and meat; there is little else that Argentina can boast about as far as consumer goods are concerned. It would be a great moral boost if a "quality" trend would emerge. Perhaps even those direct-to-export items do have national buyers if they marketed in Argentina.

As for prices - I think the CEO's here see the prices in the US and adjust domestic prices at par. Supposedly, anything with a "Made in Argentina" label ought to carry price befitting a national brand ( in pesos) that does not have the IMPORTED markup (and still posted in dollars) as there is not the same taxes, tariffs, and logistics involved. National brands cannot have such a dependence on the dollar exchange of the day.

Also, the consumer needs to change how he/she spends on the cheap products flooding the market. I think that a lot of the crappy goods are actually coming from China (and not the good Chinese crap... the left over, referbed, out-of-production surplus, damaged and irregular, bottom of the barrel crap) .

In my (limited) experience, most of Argentines I met cannot tell good quality from bad quality when buying (they may notice it at a later time, but then they will find a temporary/forever fix). They simply don't know what to look for or what makes a thing good. Generally speaking, I think they are not actively shopping like in the first world, they simply shop if they need to buy something, they don't buy for pleasure or consolation or on a spree (which I am not approving, btw). Upgrading or improving something is not contemplated.

Partially may be due by past years politics, but in general it looks like a general national attitude more than "we had no other choice" approach. My Argentine MIL - who has been living in Italy for over 25 years now - still has the same approach despite being able to afford and choose from a wider range of quality items.

I believe Evita tried to change this attitude by showing poor people that having basics commodities can really affect your life, but it's something done by leading by example and not by simply putting up for sale better (and more expensive) stuff hoping people will recognize its value.

Back