Grass Fed Beef

mbw

Registered
Does anyone know a meat market where I can buy grass fed bife de chorizo? Am I correct in assuming that Coto no longer sells grass fed beef?

Does anyone know a meat market where I can buy grass fed bife de chorizo? Am I correct in assuming that Coto no longer sells grass fed beef?
Grass fed Beef? Please satisfy my curiosity. Why are you looking for Grassfed Meat? Why and what is the difference from a balanced Cattle feeds consisting of Corn,Wheat,Vegees and other healthy nutrients in its Feeds? Normally, the Beef from Cows just grazed on natural grass has a strong odor to it ,vs the Beef of Cows raised with mixture on balanced diets
has no or very little Odor when cooked?.

Grass fed Beef? Please satisfy my curiosity. Why are you looking for Grassfed Meat? Why and what is the difference from a balanced Cattle feeds consisting of Corn,Wheat,Vegees and other healthy nutrients in its Feeds? Normally, the Beef from Cows just grazed on natural grass has a strong odor to it ,vs the Beef of Cows raised with mixture on balanced diets

http://wiki.answers....t_cows_eat_corn

Grain, including corn, barley, wheat, soybean, and rye, is an unnatural diet for cattle. Cattle have evolved to be able to efficiently digest a forage-based diet of grass and hay. When fed a grain diet, besides the benefits of increased weight gain before slaughter and boosting milk production in dairy cows, the bad often outweigh the good, as I mentioned above. When the bad outweigh the good, this means that a grain diet in cattle must be mixed with antibiotics and other additives to decrease the incidence of bloat and acidosis. When slaughtered, many animals that have undergone acidosis (acute and subacute) are found to have lesions or abcesses in their livers. Livers then have to be thrown away, as they are not suitable for food production. Trace amounts of antibiotics can also be found in meat from an animal that has been on a grain-fed diet.

http://www.johnrobbins.info/blog/grass-fed-beef/

Grassfed beef not only is lower in overall fat and in saturated fat, but it has the added advantage of providing more omega-3 fats. These crucial healthy fats are most plentiful in flaxseeds and fish, and are also found in walnuts, soybeans and in meat from animals that have grazed on omega-3 rich grass. When cattle are taken off grass, though, and shipped to a feedlot to be fattened on grain, they immediately begin losing the omega-3s they have stored in their tissues. As a consequence, the meat from feedlot animals typically contains only 15- 50 percent as much omega-3s as that from grassfed livestock.

This must be a joke, hot dogs are easy to eat too...

La granja Converso, Mercado de Juramento, Mercado El Progreso. I highly doubt beed at supermarkets is grass fed for many years now. Or look for the brand Cabaña Las Lilas. There must be more but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Most of the cattle here is grass fed until a month or so before slaughter when they go to a feedlot for fattening up. Very few make it to your dinner table 100% grassfed anymore.

Personally, I'm always a little skeptical since there really is very little way to tell if the cows were put on a feedlot for a short period of time.

Back