Guests coming to BA for three days...top things to do?

Is it safe to take foreigners to Liniers? With so many good restaurants in nice areas, I can't exposing foreigners to a place like Liniers

I was wondering the same thing. We have no problem taking them off the beaten path, but...

However, once they’ve left, I’m there! I’ll go pretty much anywhere for an amazing meal.

There are very good meals in safe neighborhoods. Why take them to such a dreary area?

Is it safe to take foreigners to Liniers? With so many good restaurants in nice areas, I can't exposing foreigners to a place like Liniers

If you arrange a taxi/uber there and back, I think you should be fine, especially at lunchtime

I'm thinking probably a day walking and sightseeing around the core of BA, and another day boating up in the delta. We have half of a third day, so some of the suggestions about museums or specific destinations are great. I like the idea of tea at the Alvear. If you could take guests to one restaurant for dinner (upscale or not), what would be your pick?

For rustic Patagonian flavors, we go to El Federal. The ambiance is great for a small group (max 6). We’ve also had a large group there, but that changes the ambiance for everyone (not just the people at your table).

I'm thinking probably a day walking and sightseeing around the core of BA, and another day boating up in the delta. We have half of a third day, so some of the suggestions about museums or specific destinations are great. I like the idea of tea at the Alvear. If you could take guests to one restaurant for dinner (upscale or not), what would be your pick?
Pobre Louis ( Spelling?) in Belgrano. Great Argentine atmosphere and THE BEST STEAK ...IMO
N

I couldn't disagree more with the above. Puerto Madero is a first rate redevelopment of a port area, better than any I've seen anywhere. I recall the area before the project was completed. Saying that it was more interesting then is just silly. It's vast size alone is impressive. It's constantly busy, lively and cheerful. One of BA's greatest success stories. If time allows, take a look at the excellent Fortabat art museum that is there.

For young people it's pretty boring, for older types like me from decaying urban centers like Los Angeles, Puerto Madero and its cleanliness, peacefulness, and parks free of homeless encampments is truly a sight to behold.

Sure you find something in the Activities suggested by Airbnb...!!!

There was a thread related to this topic back a while (a year?): "Best not touristy things to do in Buenos Aires?" There may be some overlap with the current thread, but I think you can pick up additional good suggestions by searching on that wording.

Back