Dear Guests...

RodalfoWalsh

Registered
We live in Buenos Aires, not a shack on the Sandwich islands.

I have trash cans in my bathrooms for used Kleenex, Q-Tips, Tampons, Dental floss and ALMOST every other type of refuse. However please throw your poop covered toilet paper in the toilet and flush.

Thanks!

Feliz Dia del Amigo a todos!

I have trash cans in my bathrooms for used Kleenex, Q-Tips, Tampons, Dental floss and ALMOST every other type of refuse. However please throw your poop covered toilet paper in the toilet and flush.

Thanks!

I daresay the Sandwich Islands are already doing a pretty good job on this: http://health.hawaii.gov/water/

This is because in many places in Latin America the tourist is warned not to put the paper in the bowl, e.g. Peru, Cuba, etc.

Refer to the Southern Cone travel books to determine where it is safe to put your shit.

My fav topic on a Monday morning on the keyboard..........

I had the same warnings in Rio. It felt very strange. But it was explained to me that the paper would clog the narrow sewer pipes.
Excellent topic for lunch time.

Thanks!

Man , that was painful to read....yuuuuuuuuuuuuuk

Man , that was painful to read....yuuuuuuuuuuuuuk
Mr. Walsh could have at least had the common courtesy of pinning an appropriate title to his post so that we aren't so stupefied.

Some of us enjoy dining whilst perusing BAexpats.

Rodolfo, what kind of guests do you have? Are these personal friends, or do you have a B&B?

I went to school with a Pakistani guy who explained (after being called out by the cleaning ladies) that this is considered very good manners and a sign of respect in his country. I've never independently confirmed it, but it looks like the trend is spreading to other parts of the world.

Back