Self-satisfied
Awaiting the next forty years

Here in d.c. - they talk about ’euro-disease’
And how the french are always so damn hard to please
Otions are passed in brussels but no one agrees
And no one walks tall - but no-one gets down on their knees

http://www.lyricstime.com/joe-jackson-forty-years-lyrics.html

Ryoga said:
i do see something wrong with us playing global cop and supporting the welfare states you mentioned by defending their interests; this must stop immediately. we could easily fund free healthcare then. imagen how great america would be if we could spend the same GDP amount on defense as the enlightened nations

i would prefer for the US to withdraw from the world and let all the nations that talk smack run it for a while.

I would LOVE to see the USA to stop being the world police and let all the countries beat the crap out of eachother. I would rather they solve the domestic problems before butting in to international ones... how long you think that would happen until these 2 things happen

WW3 kinda like how WW1 started with 2 tiny countries getting pissed off at each other and their allies step in

or

everyone cries and whines that the USA needs to do something because in their country there is some evil anti gov't movement taking hold and they are losing stability

Last thing I want is a war over foreign oil. Giving the House of Saud money and power has gotten the USA no where. If the USA took the money it spent on that war and put it toward alternative fuel sources there would be no need to import anymore of the middle east. Even though the USA imports less than half of its oil from there, any amount is too much.

arty said:
I would LOVE to see the USA to stop being the world police and let all the countries beat the crap out of eachother. I would rather they solve the domestic problems before butting in to international ones... how long you think that would happen until these 2 things happen

WW3 kinda like how WW1 started with 2 tiny countries getting pissed off at each other and their allies step in

or

everyone cries and whines that the USA needs to do something because in their country there is some evil anti gov't movement taking hold and they are losing stability

Last thing I want is a war over foreign oil. Giving the House of Saud money and power has gotten the USA no where. If the USA took the money it spent on that war and put it toward alternative fuel sources there would be no need to import anymore of the middle east. Even though the USA imports less than half of its oil from there, any amount is too much.

Did I miss something?

Doesn't the US (still) have control of Iraqi oil now?

Perhaps the US should take it while they have the chance.

Not likely, is it?

To those who can't grasp reality:

Just put a windmill on your baseball cap (or freshman beanie) and fly away.

THERE'S PLENTY OF OIL IN THE US, ANYWAY (OFFSHORE AND ALASKA)

COMMON SARAH, LET'S GET IT!!!!!!!

While I certainly don't agree with everything that Thomas Friedman writes in this article, I do, more or less, agree with this:

Many big bad things happen in the world without America, but not a lot of big good things. If we become weak and enfeebled by economic decline and debt, as we slowly are, America may not be able to play its historic stabilizing role in the world. If you didn’t like a world of too-strong-America, you will really not like a world of too-weak-America — where China, Russia and Iran set more of the rules.

And this:

The Warren Buffett principle: Everything I’ve ever gotten in life is largely due to the fact that I was born in this country, America, at this time with these opportunities for its citizens. It is the primary obligation of our generation to turn over a similar America to our kids.

Unfortunately, we can't play global cop (or bully, depending on your perspective) for much longer without allowing things to seriously deteriorate back home so something's gotta give. I, for one, am certainly in favor of scaling back (way back) our "defense" budget.

There are 2 things that would 100% happen if the USA pulled out all of its support/troops in the world and 2 things that might happen:

100% will happen-

North Korea attacks South Korea

Israel wipes out all the Palestinians, then attacks Iran, Iraq and anyone else they feel are a threat. And considering the damage they did in the 6 day war and how more advanced their weapons are now, my money is on the Heebs.

2 things that might happen-

China invades its neighbors and most of the world will have to learn to speak Chinese

The drug cartels will openly run Latin America.

Meanwhile the USA will have free healthcare for all and many extra hands for public works projects and the rest of the world can stop getting on its case about universal healthcare.

So I guess we should all be careful what we wish for.

arty said:
well, technically yes. if you go to the er, they must take care of you. and if you don't have the money to pay for it, they send you to collections and if you are lucky like me, the hospital goes out of business before you have to pay it back.

I personally believe in preventative medicine and not gambling with my health. It cost the system less too!

arty said:
last time i checked the free healthcare in canada isn't all that it's cracked up to be and a lot of border towns have ppl from canada coming over for operations they don't want to wait for.

You don't have a good track record with your "checking" as I pointed out in an earlier post.

Start with watching the movie SICKO.

I'm not saying Canadian medicare is perfect, I along with millions of Canadians are very happy with it. I know many Americans love it too! Especially the ones who live in Detroit who cross the boarder to get FREE annual flu shots.

At the end of the day I'd say most people would take our medicare over having none at all.

It's sad that people are dying in the US because they can't afford to get Cancer treatment or heart surgery, yet the government will fund the military billions of dollars and bailout AIG + executive bonuses!

arty said:
There are 2 things that would 100% happen if the USA pulled out all of its support/troops in the world and 2 things that might happen:

100% will happen-

Israel wipes out all the Palestinians, then attacks Iran, Iraq and anyone else they feel are a threat. And considering the damage they did in the 6 day war and how more advanced their weapons are now, my money is on the Heebs.

China invades its neighbors and most of the world will have to learn to speak Chinese

Meanwhile the USA will have free healthcare for all and many extra hands for public works projects and the rest of the world can stop getting on its case about universal healthcare.

It's this type of fear mongering that is the problem in the first place.

Let's stop worrying about what might or might not happen and start worrying about what we know is happening... people are dying in the USA because they have no medicare, people are losing their homes, people are losing their jobs, people are still living in temporary shelters because of Katrina... the list goes on and on.

arty said:
well, technically yes. if you go to the er, they must take care of you. and if you don't have the money to pay for it, they send you to collections and if you are lucky like me, the hospital goes out of business before you have to pay it back. last time i checked the free healthcare in canada isn't all that it's cracked up to be and a lot of border towns have ppl from canada coming over for operations they don't want to wait for.

So putting yourself in debt for the rest of your life to get medical help is the way to go? And that is not what I have heard, I hear people die in the waiting room because they don't get treated.

arty said:
the problem with healthcare in america is the lawyers who sue the doctors to the point where they don't want to practice it anymore. so since they have all those malpractice suits the cost goes up.. vicious cycle. you can blame the gov't for not enforcing any tort reform.

That's a bit oversimplified don't you think? Have you seen Sicko?

arty said:

100% will happen-

What makes you so sure about that? Last time they were building a rocket they got slapped by the Chinese. I doubt China will allow them to invade South Korea.

arty said:

But you are the ones that funds them economically and supplies them the arms they use to kill Palestinian children. If that help stops, it's Israel that will be wiped out. Something I have been waiting for for a very long time. And what country invaded Iraq and is now threatening to invade Iran? If anything Iraq will be liberated when you pull out.

arty said:

China's already is the super power of the world. You don't see them invading or bombing any other nations. But yes, they might invade Taiwan, since they claim that island. And rest of the world already have to learn English, in the future that is probably going to be Mandarin. I'm for one is learning it.

arty said:

You run the drug cartels. The biggest drug pusher in the world is the U.S government. I suggest you see the movie Scarface and read about the Iran-Contra affair.

arty said:

You mean Obama health care?

yes michael moore only tells the truth and never twists the facts in his propaganda films.

anyone from Detroit would be happy to leave the city for healthcare. It's a shame what that city has turned into.

I would love to see the banks go bust, its horrible that those crooks get their multimillion dollar pensions while ppl lose their homes, a few of my friends lost their houses.

and if people are dying in er rooms, they were probably really jacked up before they got there, but the news media only plays up the worst of it. how about all the rest that get attention?

keep looking for the worst and you will find it.

Back