Here's A Little Story...

According to experts, it is better to have one and do not needet than need it and do not have one.

Don't you think those same "experts" would agree that it's better to have a permit to have one than not to have one (which also makes you a criminal, and, as a foreigner, possibly subject to deportation, even if the sentence was only two years of probation)?

PS: I used the word "possibly" subject to deportation because I am not sure if migraciones will actually take that action, A couple years ago mc kenna posted that he had permanent residency, left the country for 25 years and returned to Argentina without any problem.

Though that would not be possible now, I wonder how likely it will be that migraciones will take any action while mc kenna is "serving" his two year probational sentence.

If he had temporary residency I'm sure it would not be renewed,

Dr. Rubliar recently posted that a convicted criminal (foreigner) who is incarcerated could ask to be deported after serving half his sentence.

Even though mc kenna is not incarcerated, he's made it clear he plans to leave Argentina at the end off his two years of probation.

I wonder if he could expedite his own departure if he asks to be deported at the end of the first year of his sentence.

If Dr. Rubilar is now honoring mc kenna's request not to "talk" to him , he (Dr Rubilar) is welcome to tell me the answer.

I'll make sure mc kenna gets it.

The DNU is used to deport foreigners without a reason. Even he cannot leave because then the probation falls and he has to go to jail, DNM might try to deport him.

At probation he cannot ask to be deported at half of the time of the sentence because there is no conviction, probation is a second chance where if he follow the behaviour rules (parole alike), there will be no records. It only works out for convicted criminals who are in jail.

They deported a witness 10 days ago and it is a mess because it is a crime to boycott a criminal investigation plus they lied to the judge and later told hin it was too latd because she was deported. Supreme Court took the case for study by passing all the lower hierarchy judges because it was a mayor scandal.

They tried to do it with a second and the judge refused, so now the chamber is deciding so he is arrested but here.

They tried to deport another 2 witnesses of reserved identity at Cordoba abd the judge said that we can discuss this after vacation (when the wife gets citizenship).

Steve, you may have just unwittingly added to the irony here. Bigly.

Just to make wineguy's reference clear:

Ben, You obviously have too much time on your hands :=)

T/

Back